Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / SCWI
- By lawrrobe Date 01-15-2008 17:22
I have been a CWI now for 12 years and in the Welding/ Quality business now for 35 years. I have worked in several different industries at several positions (QA/QC manager/analyst/engineer, Welding Educator / CWI Trainer, Welding Instructor, Welding Superintendent, Welding Engineer / Technician, Inspector, Welder, etc.) and products ( I choose not to bore you all with a list) and I am presently working for a company as a Quality Engineer responsible for their welding quality and qualififcation programs (qualifying WPS, welders or welding quality issues). I have decided to upgrade my CWI to the SCWI this year (actually in 3 months). I know that the SCWI is now a (2) 2 hour open book exam covering a host of materials. I have purchased or own all of the reference material given by the AWS as necessary to study for this exam. Like I said previously though, I have a lot of experience. I would love to have any imput from any SCWI on this forum that would be helpful for me to prepare for my upcoming exam. I am not asking for a peek at any exam questions (although I would consider similar questions, if within ethical reasoning). Basically, I would greatly appreciate any guidance from any of you SCWI about your or THE exam experience.

Thanks,
Robert
(no catchy phrase/motto to attach here)
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / SCWI