Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Any training in NYC area?
- - By ben26 Date 01-19-2008 18:53
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
I am new to all this and am trying to get training in the New York area. Does anyone know of anywhere. I am looking at one school now but the cost seems high ($16,500)and the length seems long(7 months) compared to what I have seen at some other schools. Does this sound right? I really just want some experience, enough to get a descent job. I am thinking about going to New jersey for training if I can find a place close enough. Can anyone help me with some descent schools in this area? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Parent - - By lenny spero Date 01-20-2008 14:25
go to eastern suffolk boces on long island.they offer alot of welding classes depending on what your looking to get into..wilsontech on long island even has a pipe welding class.
Parent - - By ben26 Date 01-20-2008 23:06
Thank you for the information I will definitely look into it.
Parent - By BigRob40 (*) Date 01-31-2008 16:27 Edited 01-31-2008 16:46
Try moving to troy,n.y. up near albany. E.O.C. (educational opportunities center) has a welding program its about 400 hr. and its free!!!! and you get certi by n.y.s. dot. I'm from L.I. Learned in prison by a famous welder named Dan Abbis in rome/marcy N.Y..REALLY good teacher. Dont waste your money on apex! Call the local welding supply they may have classes to,try the ironworkers locals 40,580in n.y.c.or 455,361,197in L.I.C. they they open books for apprentices inmarch or april.hope this helps? Wait, you can try modern welding also loc. up near albany.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Any training in NYC area?