Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Can I get AWS D1.2(2003) freeware anywhere?
- - By Kix (****) Date 01-24-2008 15:27
Like you all have seen a million times, I need to redue all our hand written forms.  I guess if it comes down to it I can do that copier to pdf trick.
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 01-25-2008 03:33
I'm not sure what you mean.

Are you going to type new documents based on the old hand written documents?

If so, just use your word processor and set up a table with entries similar to the forms you see in AWS D1.1 or other applicable standard. Be creative and make the form suit your purposes.

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 01-25-2008 04:57
How many WPS are you talking about? I tried that Freeware from Lincoln to see what it is, it might be what you need, BUT unless I'm doing something wrong, you have to type each code separately. we certify all our PQR's, WPS's and welders to both ASME IX and D1.1, and for 1 PQR i had to enter it in the D1.1 and ASME parts separately, twice the work. and for each PQR it took about 15 minutes to enter the info. but then you can print and then copy to pdf files.

Not so bad when you only have a few WPS but we have hundreds and i stopped after putting two in because i don't need them. just was curious about the software.
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 01-25-2008 17:30
Yes I would like to retype old hand written documents and clean them up a bit.  The freeware from licoln does not have D1.2 with it if thats what you are talking about Ctacker.  I wish that WPSAmerica wasn't $600.00.  I guess i'm going to have to do it your way AL.;-)
Parent - - By jamwin Date 05-08-2008 16:05
We've created a more complex ASME Section IX application for welder licensing, if that is of interest...
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 05-08-2008 16:42
Are you looking for people to demo this new software? hint hint
Parent - By jamwin Date 05-08-2008 16:45
The software is currently in use in a couple of jurisdictions in Canada, so it is already proven in the field.  We would definitely entertain the idea of a demonstration for a jurisdiction or company in the US.  Contact me on email if you want to set up an initial conversation.

Thanks,

James
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Can I get AWS D1.2(2003) freeware anywhere?