Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Please Help!
- - By am0resperr0s1 (*) Date 01-25-2008 22:04
Hey guys, I have a Lincoln SA-250 Diesel! All of a sudden my Idle switch won't work! And my my machine stays in high Idle, it wont Idle down! What may be the problem! Please Help!
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 01-25-2008 22:21
all leads disconnected. Jumper across the 2 screws on the oil pressure switch, if the machine idles down your oil pressure switch is faulty.
Parent - - By am0resperr0s1 (*) Date 01-26-2008 07:16
So I disconnect the two screws on that small oil pressure Jumper? If it's faulty, where could I get a replacement? Oh and what may be causing my Idler switch not work?!! Thank You So much!
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 01-26-2008 07:49
The way i read it 
"all leads disconnected." = disconnect the welding leads
" Jumper across the 2 screws on the oil pressure switch," = run a jumper wire to the 2 screws on the switch
"if the machine idles down your oil pressure switch is faulty." = if your machine idles down,replace your oil pressure switch and your idler switch should work!

If I'm wrong, sorry but i only offered my opinion on what i think KSellon meant and I'm sure i will be corrected as I have never owned or worked on an engine driven machine.
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 01-28-2008 14:09
We have a winner- I guess I need to explain a liitle better. Follow Tcrackers explaination and you'll be good.
Parent - By smokey36 Date 01-30-2008 22:47
I know of a guy, same problem a year ago this spring. call your dealer, maybe a recall you can cash in on. He paid for a service tech to find the problem, had he only known......
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Please Help!