Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Dirty oil in sa 200???
- - By chris2698 (****) Date 01-26-2008 22:37
I was wondering these old sa 200's when you change your oil is it normal for the oil to look really dirty? When I got this old sa 200 I changed the oil and added a quart of marvel mystry oil in the crank case to help clean up any varnish or sludge in there and I think it helped some but boy it still seems to be dirty when I change it after just running it maybe 2 hours or so. Is this normal? I do have a picture of the oil if you all would like to see it I can post it? I am still having this strange noise like a knock which concerns me a little and the oil pressure seems like it should be higher but when I get the new oil pressure gauge I'll see if it is different. Ksellon did give me the number of her engine builder that I need to call when i get a chance and see if he can help me a little but right now it's to cold out I'm gonan wait till it gets warmer before I try and drop this pan and see what the bearings look like. Thanks

Chris
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 01-28-2008 23:26
How long has it been sitting? I have about one machine a year that when you drop the pan, looks like someone filled the thing with kitty litter.  Oil psi 30-40.
Parent - By chris2698 (****) Date 01-30-2008 03:56
I have no idea how long it had been sitting maybe a year or two and probally wasn't run much it smelled a little like old gas when I got it the oil pressure is about 15 or maybe a hair below it but when I get the gauge from you I'm gonna hook it up and see if it shows any difference. When it gets a little warmer here I want to drop the pan and clean any trash that is in the bottom of it but still not sure whats going on with this thing I mean I don't want to start changeing parts in it you know. I need to call that guy up that rebuilds your engines Kaye and ask him.

Chris
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Dirty oil in sa 200???