Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / anybody got a yan mar diesel in their sa-200
- - By welderdan (*) Date 02-04-2008 02:33
was thinkin about putting one in my shorthood, just wanted your thoughts
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 02-04-2008 04:34
Yanmar makes good small & medium size engines. That is what powers much of the John Dere equipment line, and in the smaller tractors Yanmar does/did build the whole machine. Yanmar is the most commonly used engine in sail boats under 60' and making some inroads in power boats as well. You have to choose the right one and do the instalation properly or it won't matter how good the engine is.
Parent - By welderdude (**) Date 02-04-2008 10:27
I'm working on a ship that has Yanmar engines powering their big generators.  not sure what size engine it is, but I know the whole thing wouldn't fit into a pick-up truck bed!
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 02-04-2008 16:43
i dont have 1 but i worked 1 day with a guy that had it in his shorthood and he also had 300d controls put on it said it cost him 7k for the motor and controls installed we burned 5/32 7018 all day long and at 3pm that afternoon his rig started burning cold and my old redface was still stacking them in i doubt it was the motor it was in his fancy 300d controls i'm sure he said he uses about 2 gallons of fuel a day
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / anybody got a yan mar diesel in their sa-200