Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / MQ whisper weld,good or bad?
- - By larrycurlymoe Date 02-07-2008 05:38
Hello from the great white north.I am thinking of buying a mq whisper weld 225 amp{new} or possibly the 300 amp {used},both with the kubota deisel engines.A workmate has the 225amp and loves it.He has had no issues with it,2000+ HRS. fluid and filters is all that he has done. Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with these machines and what is the feedback.Thank in advance for your replies
Parent - By webbcity (***) Date 02-07-2008 07:40
larry , don't use long leeds , don't go over the duty cycle and don't use in cold weather . other than that rent one to try and see if you really can use it for your work to see if it works for you . these were the problems a friend of mine had , he had to use one of our sa 200's to finish a job he had bid on and could not complete with one . they are not my favorite or the people who had it for rent . good luck . willie
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 02-07-2008 20:36
The engine (Kubota) will last 5 times longer than the welding end of the machine. The machine is not something I am fond of.
Parent - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 02-08-2008 00:28
You can try a wisperweld at many Rent-All locations.  Just rent it for a day or two.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / MQ whisper weld,good or bad?