Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Sections / Section 110: North Florida / Welding Engineer Degreed needed in GA
- - By Nancy Watson Date 02-07-2008 15:44
Located in Brunswick, Georgia, an engineering, manufacturing and project management company that has served both commercial and government markets since it was founded in 1946. U.S. corporation, privately owned and designated small business for U.S. Government contracts. NETEC Product Line of commercial deck machinery, specializing in anchor windlasses, capstans and mooring and towing winches

WELD ENGINEER

WELD ENGINEER
*  Establishes welding procedures to guide production and fabricagtors relating to specification restrictions, material processes, pre- and post-heating requirements which involves use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and complex post-heating requirements.
*  Evaluates new developments in welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production processes.  Ensure workers compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions and standards, in testing welds for conformance with national code requirements and mil-specs.  May perform welding to e valuate new equipment, techniques, and materials.

SKILLS NEEDED (Must have)
*  BS Degree in Welding Engineering
*  Solid 5 years experience in heavy manufacturing and equipment field
*  Understands AWS and ASME codes
*  Solid experience in welding processes:  MIG, TIG, PLASMA, stick, flux core resistance and steel metallurgy.
*  Understands Mil-Spec 278 and ISO related engineering and manufacturing standards and practices.
Attachment: weldingEngineer.doc (26k)
Parent - By OBEWAN (***) Date 03-10-2008 20:23
This is the same job advertised in monster.com and careerbuilder.com and zoominfo.com and linkedin.com.  It comes up for the Jacksonville, FL search.  Would not it be better to post it for the actual location?  It does not matter to me because I am not looking, but I check once a week just to see who is hiring in my town just because I am curious.
Parent - By cwf07 (***) Date 01-31-2009 13:57 Edited 01-31-2009 14:08
I am not looking for a job but I am a rig welder here in Ga. and all the time looking for extra work. I am a state cert. welder I have worked all up and down I95 with Roger Bridge Company and Scott Bridge Com and others. I am also cert. in pipe I welded on small pipeline for Benton Georgia and steam pipe for Morehouse College. I have a good reputation here in Ga. These are pictures when I was on I 95 welding bridge beams together.

This is the name of my Company:
Clark's Welding Fabrication Corp.
375 Burkett Rd.
Thomaston, Ga. 30286
Bus: 706-648-6222
Fax: 706-647-0514
Attachment: IMG_0846.JPG (0B)
Up Topic Sections / Section 110: North Florida / Welding Engineer Degreed needed in GA