Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Blue point WE200
- - By perry Date 02-14-2008 20:51
Hey fellas, New here and would appreciate a little information. I bought a Blue Point WE200 oxygen acetylene welding outfit, will items such as tips be interchangeable with all suppliers? and how good is this outfit. It was used very little and looks almost new.

Thanks in advance,

Perry
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 02-14-2008 21:16
Hello perry, I tried to google this set-up to see what it looks like and get a feel for the style that it might be and which manufacturer may have built it for blue point, but didn't get any hits. There is a possibility that you can get tips and other such peripherals for this set from someone other than snap-on. In general though, there are many different manufacturers of cutting and welding outfits, some will interchange with others and as many others will not. I have no doubt that the quality of this set is very acceptable and will give you very good service, as far as finding tips and such to work with this, you will likely have to take it into the various suppliers that you deal with and play the matching game to find out if they have items that will work with it. Maybe others out there have had experience with this particular unit and can give more specific information, stay posted and it is likely that you'll get what you're looking for. Good luck and regards, aevald.
Parent - - By perry Date 02-14-2008 21:47
Well, while I was waiting I called snap-on and ask about parts for the blue point. Turns out this set was made by victor and interchangeable.
Thank goodness.....

Thanks for your reply, and one more thing, what cutting tip number will give the cleanness cut?.
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 02-14-2008 23:01
Hello again perry, you will find tip charts that Victor publishes that can give you the correct size tips for various thicknesses of material(these are likely available on the web as well), there is a considerable amount of overlap when you are considering a particular size. They will also list the operating pressures that work best and give you flow ranges. Pay attention to these pressures as they can save you from wasting a lot of oxygen in many cases. Enjoy your new set-up and don't burn up anything you don't intend to. Best regards, aevald
Parent - - By Keplinger78 (**) Date 02-16-2008 11:44
Hello,

Where is this tip chart? I looked on their site and couldn't find it if you have a link can you please post it.

Thanks Tom K.
Parent - By Northweldor (***) Date 02-16-2008 12:20
Look at the following to download appropriate pdf.

http://www.thermadyne.com/victor/component/option,com_doclib/Itemid,237/
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Blue point WE200