Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Caps
- - By spgtti (**) Date 02-15-2008 03:47
   The lady who normally makes my hats is taking off for a few months (she's been around pipefitters for too long). I was wondering who makes the BEST caps in the biz and how to get a hold of them. I'm looking for a medium-high crown hat, 6 panel, with custom stitching. Let the opinions roll.
Parent - - By pipepro Date 02-15-2008 03:58
welding hats by pam,great to deal with and makes a nice hat.check www.weldinghatsbypam.com
Parent - By Stringer (***) Date 02-15-2008 04:34
Thanks for that post. My doc says I have something helical something on my ears from wearing welding caps that are too rough and too tight for thirty years. Needed a source to try to find a good hat.
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 02-15-2008 05:43
Comeaux....elastic, one size fits all works for me!
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 02-15-2008 08:53
I have to agree with pipepro completely!!   This little lady has made many hats for me and the are always what I ask for...and by George she is VERY reasonable for custom work!!!   http://www.weldinghatsbypam.com/  no cheap stitching either
Parent - - By welderdude (**) Date 02-16-2008 01:43
I used to wear the regular hats, but found they're a bit too hot down here in Florida in the summer.  I get mine at Walmart...the biker do-rags that you tie behind your head. 
Parent - By Kix (****) Date 02-16-2008 22:39
LAPCO can't beat em. They're reversible as well.  They come in thick and thin to for winter and summer.  I run the hats with the bill kicked to the side (fitter style) so you don't get any sparks beating on the old eardrum.
Parent - By makeithot (***) Date 02-17-2008 00:13
LAPCO all the way. caps, doo rags they have it all.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Caps