Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / 12" stack test
- - By Sourdough (****) Date 02-17-2008 18:41
Heading off tomorrow to renew my papers with Encana. The dreaded 12" stack test.  I saved my last valium for such an occasion.

Isn't it funny to be nervous when testing, although we do this day in and day out for a living?

Wish me luck, I'll let you know how it goes...........
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 02-18-2008 04:46
Good luck Bubba.
Parent - - By webbcity (***) Date 02-18-2008 06:00
sourdough , good luck . also got your message , i'll send the package this week . catch you later , willie 
Parent - - By 1mancrew (**) Date 02-19-2008 02:49
Not sure what you are refering to when you say "stack test". Could you please clarify? I tested for EnCana here at the Ft. Lupton office in early Jan. They made me do a 12" butt and 12" on 12" branch. Passed them both but haven't done anything for them since. I hear they will start drilling down here soon. Are they pretty busy up there? And by the way how often do you have to renew your papers?

Thanks.

GH Weidman
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 02-19-2008 19:35
encana wants to test on every major job it seems like.

Yep branch test........passed and go to work tomorrow when the u.a. results come back.
Parent - - By 1mancrew (**) Date 02-20-2008 03:04
Got it. Different term for the same thing. I've heard branch, bell-hole, Arkansas bell but never "stack". Learned something new today.

Congrats and good luck! I sure hope they will calll me to start working down here pretty soon. Seems a little slow to pick up down here
Parent - By Kix (****) Date 02-20-2008 15:07
Never heard it called the stack either.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / 12" stack test