Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Space... The Final Frontier!!!
- - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 02-18-2008 21:24
Greetings & Salutations!!!

Now check this report out folks!!! :) :) :)

http://www.osti.gov/energycitations/servlets/purl/884680-LsvaFN/

Enjoy the read!!! ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Plasma-Brain (**) Date 02-19-2008 15:40 Edited 02-19-2008 15:56
IVe heard about that before, My dad worked at KAPL when that was going on.
Im pretty sure he worked on that project too, I read through the TOC and theres a few things on there that I think ive heard about before.
Ill have to show him this when he gets back from airazona, he'll get a kick out of it.

Oh and while were at it, I have a CD that you would probibly LOVE to get your hands on...
its the precedings from the 2004 Space Technology and Applications International Forum, or STAIF. There are ALOT of reffrences to the JIMO on the CD, and the rest of it are concepts and ideas that sound like their right out of Star Trek... Again, I have to wait 'till Dad gets back to really share any of the CD... mainly because I dont want to get my self into trouble for posting something I shouldent...
Thank you for shairing Henry :) :) :)
- Clif
Parent - By Stringer (***) Date 02-22-2008 05:45
Sixty four megabites and I only comprehend the pages that were left intentionally blank. Dammit!
Parent - - By OBEWAN (***) Date 02-22-2008 13:07 Edited 02-22-2014 20:12
I can neither confirm nor deny that I have run into this before.
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 02-22-2008 16:37
As a rule of thumb, what you see listed in various articles has either already happened long ago, or is 20 years or so ahead of it's time.
Do a little research into ion engines. One day no one even knows what it is, then another their popping up like flies on a sunday afternoon pie.
It doesn't take very much intelligence to realize that something like that just doesn't pop out of thin air. It had been around already for decades.
I have no doubt this subject will be the same issue.
Parent - - By Plasma-Brain (**) Date 02-22-2008 22:50
All the fun stuff is always classified... especially when it comes to space travel and technology. :(

I don't see why they can't share... what does making it to the moon or mars have to do with national security anyways?
It should be a global project, open for all to see and discuss...

but I'm being idealistic again... I know thats not how it works.

oh well, 20 years from now well know.
-Clif
Parent - By HgTX (***) Date 02-22-2008 23:02
Because on your way to the moon or Mars, you can turn around and shoot at us.  Rockets were missiles before they were spaceships.

Hg
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Space... The Final Frontier!!!