Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / spelling "B"
- - By mountainman (***) Date 02-20-2008 17:49
there's been some good casual humor about spelling lately. so i propose a challenge.........i challenge anyone to throw me any word and i bet i can spell it perfectly. i am up to the challenge!

( please make sure you properly spell it so i can provide an accurate answer, the last thing we need is confusion with similar sounding words)

JJ
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 02-20-2008 19:08
Why don't we start with proper capitalization and punctuation?
Parent - By mountainman (***) Date 02-20-2008 19:23
we could, but that's snot whut i ggggoogood at....  :)

here's to a good laugh,
JJ
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 02-20-2008 19:20
Here is an appropriate word for you. "Floccinaucinihilipilification" Your post request it to be spelled right the first time, hence the word chosen in regards to time.
Parent - - By mountainman (***) Date 02-20-2008 20:03
great word! (get it?) it would be cool if it had more meaning, but then again it would be a tough one to use in a daily vocabulary.

kudos to you
JJ
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 02-20-2008 20:20
Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling

For example, in Year 1 that useless letter "c" would be dropped to be replased either by "k" or "s," and likewise "x" would no longer be part of the alphabet. The only kase in which "c" would be retained would be the "ch" formation, which will be dealt with later. Year 2 might reform "w" spelling, so that "which" and "one" would take the same konsonant, wile Year 3 might well abolish "y" replasing it with "i" and Iear 4 might fiks the "g/j" anomali wonse and for all.

Jenerally, then, the improvement would kontinue iear bai iear with Iear 5 doing awai with useless double konsonants, and Iears 6-12 or so modifaiing vowlz and the rimeining voist and unvoist konsonants. Bai Iear 15 or sou, it wud fainali bi posibl tu meik ius ov thi ridandant letez "c," "y" and "x"--bai now jast a memori in the maindz ov ould doderez--tu riplais "ch," "sh," and "th" rispektivli.

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.
Parent - - By mountainman (***) Date 02-20-2008 20:24
people r staring at me i'm laughing so hard!!!!

wow, you are never disappointing for a good laugh.
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 02-20-2008 20:44
Correct spelling of potato

If GH stands for P as in Hiccough
If OUGH stands for O as in Dough
If PHTH stands for T as in Phthiriasis
If EIGH stands for A as in Neighbor
If TTE stands for T as in Gazette
If EAU stands for O as in Plateau

The correct way to spell POTATO shoud be GHOUGHPHTHEIGHTTEEAU
Parent - - By mountainman (***) Date 02-20-2008 20:51
i wish i would have paid more attention in school.
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 02-20-2008 20:55
I never paid attention in school.  I learned to spell from my friend next door.  We were both four years old, but he was so much smarter than me.  I mean, he could spell his name forwards and backwards faster than I could blink.  I wonder what happened to 'ol Bob. 
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 02-20-2008 23:14
ROTFLMAO!!! :) :) :) I can always count on you for a real good laugh, and some sound wisdom! ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 02-21-2008 00:34
My friend Otto was like that!

Al
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / spelling "B"