Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / PQR/WQT
- - By apostolye Date 02-23-2008 12:47
A WQT must follow a PQR. But can be considered a welder qualified for a PQR (6G) qualified for another PQR equivalent (2G).
My case is a PQR  A36-A36 all positions and another S355-S355 (unassigned) 2G.
Can we consider one welder qualified first time on 3+4G (all positions) qualified for second in the same positions?On is limited to 2G?
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 02-23-2008 18:00
I think I understand your questions.

As far as D1.1
A welder qualified in in all positions for a given thickness and a given process. Is qualified in all those positions and for all materials covered in the code (within the thickness range he qualified to)

Procedure qualifications are based on material and filler groups in D1.1.  Welder performance qualifications extend to all material groups covered in the code.

So if the procedure has been qualified for your material. And you choose a process, posiiton and thickness that your welder his already qualified to do.. You should not need additional welder performance qualification testing to go into production.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / PQR/WQT