Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Looking for a good Instructor?
- - By weldnfool (*) Date 03-10-2008 06:06
Looking for the right place to do what I love the most about this trade and thats teaching it.  Ive been a welder for over 30 yrs with a wide variety of experience.  I started in the Navy as an HT and have worked
in fab shops, construction, shut downs, refineries, sub stations etc..  Ive taught for 12 yrs in the CA Prison
system and teaching is my passion.  I take pride in knowing my ****, but its like Ive always stressed to my students, "Welding", the more ya know, the more ya know ya don't know.  So if anybody can point me to a good home where I can keep learning and know what it takes to train welders, let me know.  Thanks
Parent - By ryland (*) Date 04-15-2008 02:24
I do know of a great place to work, Autry technology center in Enid Oklahoma is looking for a guy to teach a youth offender program, and it is all the instructors program, I started the program in 2006 and has been a real success, but I have moved to the main campus and these guys need some help!The number is (580) 242-2750
Parent - By fbrieden (***) Date 04-15-2008 03:40
What are your credentials and certifications? Do you have a Professional Certificate awarded through a specific State or Commonwealth?
Parent - By John Stewart (*) Date 05-25-2008 19:00 Edited 03-02-2010 20:44
After 30 years of welding you have an itch to teach,good for you.Welding has been rewarding for me too.

Good luck,
John Stewart

I have a couple of books which you might be interested in Welder Fitter's Training Guide
Distortion Control
Weldment Cost Control
Flame Straightening Technology The following site elaborates on the contents.               http://johnstewartbooks.weebly.com/
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Looking for a good Instructor?