Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / good cross reference chart
- - By darren (***) Date 03-20-2008 18:56
http://www.inweldcorporation.com/HI-ALLOY/downloads/Hi-Alloy_comp_chart.pdf
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 03-20-2008 19:03
Hello darren, that could be a real handy cross-reference chart, thank you for posting it up for everyone. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By darren (***) Date 03-20-2008 20:32
hey Allan
i found it looking for certanium 429.
a kid at work, his old neighbor died and the dead guys son gave him all the welding rods in the garage and the kid was going to throw them out (he already said he threw out as much as his pick up would haul) there were every imaginable high alloy rod and just a dream come true find. he brought one box out of many to ask what this stuff was and at first asked if we wanted any for free to just take it. he saw the buzzards descend and changed his mind. i told him that he should rethink giving/throwing away any more. and maybe do some research as to its value. he didn't even take the first stuff  to the scrap yard he just took it to the dump and payed to dispose of the 800 to a 1000 lbs of 7024 that he threw away   (plus a big box of unidentified bronze, and high alloy stuff). i was vibrating and my voice changed when he asked if i wanted any and i responded "really" but then told him what he was doing and again should revisit his decision.
taking advantage of someone else's stupidity isn't my style unless it is a good friend, whiskey is involved and the result is we both get a good laugh.
darren
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / good cross reference chart