Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / why did lincoln stop making the classic 2
- - By larry may Date 03-22-2008 23:59 Edited 03-23-2008 00:11
why did lincoln stop making the classic 2 ? thay made them for only 7 years and stoped. i think 1992 to 1998 i hear deutz whanted to much money for the motor ? and no one offered a air cooled engine that would work in the applcition , maybe someone knows the truth out there it seems that there a lot of sharp welders on this sight , i would like to no why
Parent - By JescoPressure (**) Date 03-23-2008 03:51
they make the 200d which is a newer version with a kabota diesel  , the 200d and 300d are replacements for the classics  , nothing wrong with the deutz but i would take a liquid cooled kabota over the deutz plus the generator end is a little different and you have variable engine rpms adjustments so you can slow it down to get it to stack iron better
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 03-27-2008 16:59
I will have to check with Lincoln, but I believe it was for the same reasons that they dropped the Continental line, EPA emissions control standards.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / why did lincoln stop making the classic 2