Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / otc-daihen ac/dc tig
- - By wld (*) Date 05-29-2001 23:03
hello out there, i'm looking for some info on the otc avp-3oo.
a friend of mine says he can get me a otc accu-tig 300 real cheap, but when i looked at otc website the only ac/dc tig i seen was the avp-300.
so i'm hoping it's the same.
i've been told it's as good as the miller dynasty's advanced technology for welding alum.
does anybody know anything about this
thanks for any info

wld
usa
Parent - - By awill4x4 (**) Date 05-30-2001 12:41
Hi wld, Andrew here from Australia.
Coincidently I have had an OTC avp 300 on order for some time now and am expecting delivery next week.
OTC make many tig machines and I seriously doubt that you will be able to get an avp 300 "real cheap" (they are their top of the line model)The Accutig 300 machine you mentioned is their base machine and is similar in features to Miller's Syncrowave 250. They then go up in features in different machines until you get the avp 300 or even the avp 500.
Really, the avp machine needs to be compared to Miller's Aerowave as it has similar hybrid wave technology which the Dynasty doesn't have.
My machine is currently in an engineering show here in Oz and I will be seeing it tomorrow for the 1st time. A Japanese welding technician is demonstrating the welder for all to see. It's going to be a steep learning curve for me as all my tig work has been on non-pulse square wave machines such as Syncrowave 250 and Accutig 300. (I must like OTC machines or I wouldn't buy another one :-) )
Wld, I'd be curious to know just how much an avp 300 costs there in the USA. Do you think you could find that out?
If you need any more info I'll be happy to post here.
Regards Andrew.
Parent - - By wld (*) Date 06-01-2001 22:18
hello andrew,
thanks for the info, i've found out that it is a accutig 300 that came with a robot and the man already had a welding machine so he wants to sell the acuutig 300.

can you give me more info on the accutig,how is it welding alum?

the accutig was the only machine that my friend had price some time back and he say's about $7800 for it.

thanks again
wld
Parent - By awill4x4 (**) Date 06-05-2001 12:27
Hi again wld, Andrew here.
My previous OTC welder was a 1991 model Accutig S 300.
As I said in my previous post it was similar in features to Miller's Syncrowave 250. We have a 1995 model Syncro 250 and in comparison there was very little to pick between the two. I think the Syncro was fractionally better with AC welding but I feel the OTC was fractionally better with DC welding. Both are terrific TIG welders on all materials and I can thoroughly recommend both machines.
I just got my new AVP 300 machine today and have spent less than 1 hour getting to know it. THIS IS A COMPLETELY NEW BALL GAME!!!!!!
I've never done pulse welding before but already it has raised the bar with regards to weld quality.
It starts instantly with no hesitation on AC and has SO MANY variables I have no idea just how long it will take me to really understand all its features. I haven't experimented much yet with its Hybrid wave features as I think I will just take it slowly.
I'll try it tomorrow on some Stainless and Chrome/Moly DC welding.
I will keep you posted on how I go.
Regards Andrew.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / otc-daihen ac/dc tig