Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Prices for WPQR
- - By S Bailey Date 05-31-2001 14:09
I work for a engineering company in Missouri that has recently hired me for CWI and NDT work. This is my first position that requires me to be on the buisness end as far as billing and biding services. I'm trying to get a idea of what other contracting CWI'S charge for WPQR' S do you charge a flat rate and if so what if requires another trip before getting a coupon acceptable to bend.
Parent - By CHGuilford (****) Date 05-31-2001 16:53
Both when I was doing QA inspection and now that we contract for QA/NDE inspection we charged and were charged by the hour plus expenses.
The main reason for this is that the QA/NDE inspector has no direct control over the testing, at least as far as witnessing goes. He or she is just an observer who is verifying that what is reported on the WPQR is what actually happened. Very often, tests don't go as expected and more time is needed. (I've been on a 1 week job that ran for 2 months because fillet weld Tee tests wouldn't pass, the AWMT specimen was got lost, RT wouldn't pass, etc. They eventually got it together but I sure am glad that wasn't a flat rate.)

Not sure how others do it, that's just what I have seen. Hope it helps.
CHGuilford
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Prices for WPQR