Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Inspection notification processes
- - By QCMgr Date 04-04-2008 18:56
I am curious to see who will respond.  I am considering reworking our process for inspection notifications.  Currently the process is very manual, involving emails and a lot of Word docs flying around. 

Would like to see who has experience with more "automated" (maybe web-based) type of inspection processes? 

Thanks!
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 04-04-2008 19:12
I have many years in setting up inspections for the D.O.Ts (done by inspection agencies) to come in to inspect in the shop and all I can say It was never easy. Id need to know more about what you do to have any input for you, but I could run down a typical inspection request.
                                                                               Mike K
Parent - - By QCMgr Date 04-04-2008 19:18
Hi Mike,

We've already got a system in place--and documentation for the inspection requests, we just want to streamline the process by putting it out on the web, or something else--not a bunch of emailing back and forth. 
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 04-04-2008 19:23
This may not help you but as i recall Ohio DOT had a fantastic Web based system for inspections, sampling and inventory tracking.
Mike K
Parent - By QCMgr Date 04-04-2008 19:24
thanks! i will check up on it, they may have something i can use!
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Inspection notification processes