Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / What the heck's up with Oklahoma people on here?
- - By Jared Date 04-05-2008 03:36
I swear, I've seen more people from Oklahoma on this board than anywhere else on the internet. I'm from Jay, but I generally don't admit that very often. So why are there so many welders from Oklahoma on here?
Jared
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 04-07-2008 01:42
Lot ok OK pipeline welders.
Parent - By weiser1876 (*) Date 04-07-2008 03:55
there is not a lot of work right now in oklahoma or at least i cant find it
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 04-07-2008 14:08
The energy sector in Oklahoma is strong right now. Not only oilfield but natural gas and water pipelines running everywhere. The way I see it is-- you could afford to go to college and get an office job or become a teacher, be a rancher or farmer, country music singer or work in the energy sector.
Parent - - By Robert Turney (*) Date 04-09-2008 01:52
We have a lot of pipeline welders in Arkansas too, especially Bald Knob, but there are very few computers up there.  Ha Ha, just kidding!
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 04-10-2008 07:59
ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Good one Robert......for me the Strawberry Jam was about the best thing going in Bald Knob....its gone so I only pass thru on my way to Memphis now.
Parent - - By psyco33 (**) Date 05-04-2008 18:08
another ok welder here.  one thing about the state  it's cheaper on fuel  under 4 bucks for diesel right now. and houses are still cheap  you can get a home 75,000 and under in great condition. hard wood floors 3/2 sometimes. garage etc...
so, the economy is still high in Tulsa here.
also, global  suppose to get the contract for refinery here in Tulsa  rig welder/singlehands
John
Parent - By randy mccarrell Date 06-24-2008 21:34
yea man i am aslo a oklahoma welder to, i am in council bluffs iowa looking for some work also, also have my own rig truck, i am from broken bow, need some information on some jobs, with names of company's and numbers. gladly apperciate it guys.
Parent - By moldyarnold Date 07-12-2008 05:43
Hey, have you heard anymore about this shutdown?  Drove by on SW Blvd the other day, and I saw a lot of activity -- but no one around to talk to. 
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-26-2008 01:52
Do you know Joel Dearington? He's a retired fella just outside of Jay, OK. About got lost crazy trying to find his place. Just wondered. S.W.
Parent - By zach benefield (*) Date 07-16-2008 00:40
that is funny i was born in grove and my dad was born and rised in jay his name is gary russell benefield, my grand dad still live thier his is name is joe benefield he was the county commishiner a few years ago and he did own the feed store at the end of town
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / What the heck's up with Oklahoma people on here?