Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / linde welding machine
- - By efenix728 Date 04-11-2008 03:03
somebody knows how to change the voltage input in a Linde 250 mig machine?is set at 570 v and I want to change it to 220 but need some help my email is edgar12221@yahoo.com if somone is willing to help emailme I appreciate any kind of help thankyou guys.
Attachment: lindeboard3.jpg (790k)
Attachment: lindeboard2.jpg (807k)
Attachment: lindeboard.jpg (889k)
Parent - - By norsky63 (**) Date 04-17-2008 02:13 Edited 04-17-2008 02:41
your welder is wired for 480 volt 3 phase to switch to 230 volt three phase just move all the jumpers over to the 230 volt numbers. Loosen all the nuts and remove the plates then move them so they are across the 230 volt numbers.  If you have any questions just post I try look once a day.  Leave L1   L2   L3   alone it should take 7 bars to swith it over.  Usually the extra's are doubled up on the 480.  Look at the attached photo
Attachment: lindeboard3.jpg (385k)
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 04-17-2008 12:26
If he's switching to 220, do you think he might be needing to go to single phase?  I just thought he might be going to his garage or something.  How would you switch it to single phase 220?  Just curious.;-)
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 04-18-2008 02:01
In those older transformer machines which I think this is, You can't set it up for single phase.
Parent - - By norsky63 (**) Date 04-20-2008 17:04
thats correct single phase only on that machine
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 04-21-2008 01:53
Edgar;

The gentlemen have a point regarding the number of phases, single or three phase input.

Check the nameplate of the machine to verify the input requirements pertaining to single or three phase.

If you have a three phase machine, you can't use it with single phase input, i.e., residential power. However, if you have a single phase welder, it can be used with either single phase or three phase power supplies.

Also check your power leads. Judging by what looks like scorch marks, they appear to have overheated at some point. It might be a good idea to pay an electrician to check the machine and swap it over to the new voltage. Judging by your question, you are not familiar with wiring diagrams and you haven't played with switching the bars. If you don't know what you're doing, the machine can suffer and you as well when you fire it up for the first time. There's nothing wrong with asking and paying for help from a professional.

Best regards - Al
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / linde welding machine