Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Finding work in Vegas
- By tomrdixon Date 04-20-2008 23:36
  I moved to Vegas a few years ago from San Diego.  I am a very experienced and extremely talented welder (ask me, I will tell you) ha ha.  I have been fabricating custom trailers, roll cages, pre runners, racks, carts, etc.  But always part time as I am a glazier by trade.  I have enough equipment to open a shop and/or set up a good mobile unit.  My biggest concern is making that transition into going full time.  I don't advertise, I pick up work by word of mouth and it is usually feast or famine.  I am wondering if any of you have any advice on advertising cheaply.  I am also having trouble deciding which direction to go.  I think that I need to decide on a "bread and butter" niche and then take on the rest as it comes.  But the work I get now is so diverse I can't decide which way to go.  I sell a lot of custom carts and racks for some of the local glass shops.  Thinking that might be the way to start, but I also do pretty good with the trailers.  Any advice would be much appreciated

Thank you

Tom Dixon

Las Vegas
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Finding work in Vegas