Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Dalton E. Hamilton CWI of the Year Award
- By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 05-04-2008 17:06
It is now May 2008. 

Typically the AWS District Conferences are in May, June and July.   It is at the District Conferences that most of the CWI of the Year Award regular nominations get submitted through the normal process.  (I. E. Initial nomination by a Section Awards Committee then to the District.)  Typically these nominations are voted on in the District Conference, then the District Directors have until 15 August to get their submission packets into National Headquarters.  Nominations can also be submitted by others.  (The greatest weight is given to regular nominees, so if two nominees were equal in the eyes of the Selection Subcommittee, the regular nominee would get the award.)

Last year, as Chairman of the Subcommittee, I extended the submission time, in an invitation to "Self Nominees".  I was taken aback by the amount of derision that the idea of self promotion received.  However, there were a few posters who said they thought some of the other "Forum posters" could be a worthy nominee.

Well, it is time to nominate again.  The deadline is 15 August 2008.  If you think someone on the forum is worthy of the Nomination, you should go on-line to the AWS Web site and download the Awards Rules for the CWI of the Year National level award.  It is unlikely that there will be an extension of the submission date this year. 

Although the idea of self submission may not be popular on the Forum, it is still available, and I invite anyone who thinks he / she is worthy, to download the rules read them carefully and nominate yourself.

The process of nominating someone, (even yourself) and getting the submission packet together is quite involved and strictly required.  You will need time, so do not delay if you would like to see some worthy CWI have a chance of getting this award.

Thank You,
Joe Kane
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Dalton E. Hamilton CWI of the Year Award