Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Employment Posts
- - By js55 (*****) Date 05-05-2008 20:30
Perhaps a Boomer/Job Search section might be considered.
Parent - - By jon20013 (*****) Date 05-06-2008 03:40
Hmmmm... I believe this might be loosely covered by the jobsearch function in the main AWS page... anyone can place their resume there without charge and employers go there to find suitably qualified people... just not sure it would be good in this Forum...
Parent - - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 05-06-2008 12:05
Maybe just a "pipeline work" section is in order to help all these guys looking for the next big run here, there, and everywhere.
Parent - - By mody454 (**) Date 05-06-2008 22:07
ok i looked at the aws career thing and its all cwi quality managers and stuff of that nature  plus they are jobs posted by the companies that are hiring  i have to agree with the original post  it would be nice to have something more like shop talk  but i guess really we have that here kinda in shop talk  you know one guy says hey i heard such and such is hiring over here  but maybe something a little more formal i guess  in the forum  hey what ever happened to the rigs r us deal did they get that done? 
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 05-07-2008 13:00
Yeah those pipeline gigs are all found dam near by word of mouth.  Contractors almost don't even need to go looking for help because it's allready at there door step when the job is getting ready to break gorund.  So I'd have to say a forum for those guys might actaully be kind of handy.  You'd get more people to the site as well when they're doing google searches.
Parent - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 05-07-2008 13:15
Very true Ray.  Just look at all of the new post in the last few months from the guys looking for info or #'s on the next job in Wy, Co, Tx, and La.
Parent - - By OBEWAN (***) Date 05-07-2008 13:23
Not sure how anxious AWS is to provide free help wanted ads.  They charge a hefty price for employers to post at the database.  I know that discourages a lot of people because I am always refering job leads that call me when I am not looking to the AWS site.  They do allow some free posting, but it seems it is not in line with their interests.  I agree it would help though.
Parent - By Kix (****) Date 05-07-2008 14:03
Well, it's not contractors coming in here posting up, it's welders helping each other out letting each other know where the work is.  Again, I feel it will raise the hits on the site making manufactures want to place ads on here, bringing in money for the AWS.  So it helps out everyone in my opinion.  Just my .02 cent.
Parent - - By MDG Custom Weld (***) Date 05-07-2008 14:39
I was not thinking of the help wanted side of things.  I was suggesting a rig welder to rig welder section so they could pass on the contact names and numbers.  2 out of 5 post has nothing to do with shop talk or technical welding stuff they are just the guy that's looking for the next rig job.  Give these guys a section of their own like you did with the SA200.
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 05-07-2008 15:06
Pipeline work is strongly word of mouth. And encouraging participation in this forum through a tool to facilitate such I believe would encourage participation in other forums and AWS as a whole long term. But what the hail do I know. I'm just an old shop hand. :)
Parent - By Kix (****) Date 05-08-2008 14:37
Roger that, 10-4 good buddy (to the other stuff, not that you don't know anything, but what the h e double hockey sticks do I know).;-)
Parent - - By ross (***) Date 05-08-2008 14:42
We're working on a new website to match welders with jobs.

Ross
AWS Marketing
Parent - By mechan (**) Date 05-08-2008 15:21
If even 25% of the jobs you heard about via word of mouth were real the only lay off you'd need to worry about was the one you took when you were retiring!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Employment Posts