Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / TO ALL TEXANS...
- - By Stephan (***) Date 05-07-2008 03:00
To all Texan fellows!

Please permit me to express my greatest appreciation for the perfect organized "Offshore Technology Conference" being held currently at the Reliant Center in Houston TX.

Having visited the show today and it was truly... impressive!

By the way, it is each time a great privilegue for me to be a welcomed guest of your great state and fantastic nation and I enjoy every single second staying in the United States of America!

So my very best regards in particular to all Texan and United States fellows and thank you for allowing me to experience your hospitality at present!

Stephan
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 05-07-2008 12:53
Did ya get yourselve a "Don't mess with Texas" belt buckle?  Sounds like that good ol southern hospitality treated ya right? ;-) 
Parent - By Stephan (***) Date 05-08-2008 03:37
Hey Ray!

Good to hearing from you!

Thanks a lot for your response!

Believe it or not, as I have read your message I was already at the George Bush Airport again to fly back to Michigan - by the way my highest appreciations to this even great state and all Michigan fellows !!! - and I thought by myself: "What an excellent idea, coming as usual from Kix!" But unfortunately they had neither a belt buckle nor a fine decal to decorate my car in the two shops in Terminal "C". But however, I found somewhat likewise fine, see also the attached jpeg. :-)

Admittedly no belt buckle or sticker but however something what may surely remind me* on this fantastic lone star state until I will return and this I hope, will be soon!

Ahhh, before I forget and to answer your kind question. Yes, they have treated me outstandingly good and I have met some of the most impressive people and extremely good welders there and... in Houston I had truly the best seafood (+ dessert! :-)) I've ever had in my life!

Thanks again, best to you and kind regards,
Stephan

* You know, the true treasure is the great memories I have taken with me :-)

Attachment: Dont_Mess_With_Texas.jpg (0B)
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 05-07-2008 20:31
Stephan, next time you come to town give me a shout and I'll try to show you around our area. We are a subsidiary of a company near you.
Parent - By Stephan (***) Date 05-08-2008 03:41
Ron!

Wow, what a honor for me!

This would be absolutely great and I promise, you'll receive the shout! :-)

Best to you,
Stephan
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 05-07-2008 20:45
Stephan,
  Y'ALL come back now, ya hear!
Seriously, I am glad to hear you had a nice visit to the fine state of Texas. :-)

John
Parent - By Stephan (***) Date 05-08-2008 03:49
John,

what should I say?

Even the friendliness I have received in Houston I do as well receive here in the forum from you great Texan people.

You are a truly most excellent and proud representatives for the entire United States of America!

I'll come back, so give God!

Cheers again and best regards to you,
Stephan
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / TO ALL TEXANS...