Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / B148 MATERIAL
- - By Jumari Marjono Date 05-08-2008 22:33
Dear Sir,

We having problem for welding B148 Material using GTAW process in DC Current. We done on WPQR but failure on production weld.

All necessaries requrement to allright, on external weldmemt no found defect or discontinuies but at internal
weldment found longitudinal crack along base metal and HAZ.

Right now i can proceed for repairing work any more due costing very hight. I need explaination or advice from
side. For information the groove design is double Vee with grinding to sound metal from internal side and item repair is TEE
strainer.

Best regards,

Jumari Marjono
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 05-09-2008 02:26
We would need more information about the copper casting you are welding, i.e., how big, how thick, etc. We would also need to know the specifics of your procedure so we could better understand exactly how you are welding the casting.

Best regards - Al
Parent - By Jumari Marjono Date 05-11-2008 15:31
The material bronze and thickness 22mm. WPS approved using GTAW process and for information on PWR we did succesfully. But during production we failure even continous heating by thremocouple have been applied.

We study until right now and how to repair the Sea Water Strainer by welding without failure any more. This question
we think is very hard to answered from your side. But no choice AWS should be able to answer how.... and what.......... 
Parent - By Jumari Marjono Date 05-11-2008 15:32
The material bronze and thickness 22mm. WPS approved using GTAW process and for information on PQR we did succesfully. But during production we failure even continous heating by thremocouple have been applied.

We study until right now and how to repair the Sea Water Strainer by welding without failure any more. This question
we think is very hard to answered from your side. But no choice AWS should be able to answer how.... and what.......... 
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / B148 MATERIAL