Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / NYC Need Help Looking For School/Training ****
- - By nycdee Date 05-13-2008 17:55
I'm 21 and I want to get in the welding field.  Is there any sites where I can get more resources of all the type of welding there might be or just info in general that can be helpful.  I was also in need of finding a actual school that can really help me towards welding, since I would want this to be my career.  Are there any actual good schools/training programs I can take in the NYC area? 

Would appreciate any help given.  Thanks and all have a good day.
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 05-13-2008 18:13
Hello nycdee, there are a couple of folks that frequent the forum here that are right in your neck of the woods. Joseph P. Kane is one of them and ssbn727 is another, you might try private messaging them and see what they can suggest for you as far as schools in your local area. To try to somewhat comment on your other question you could go back to the main page of the AWS website and start using some of the links that are available there, it is likely that you will find something that will answer many of your other questions about possible fields and such. I will just simply say that the various opportunities are almost endless and you should definitely be able to find something that will spark your interest. Best regards, aevald
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / NYC Need Help Looking For School/Training ****