Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / CWI Needed
- - By OBLG_HUNTER Date 05-14-2008 18:42
OPPORTUNITY - Denver, Colorado  -  Need CWI familar with B31.3, Hydro testing, welder qualification, weld mapping, NDE coordination, material verification, documentation.  Prefer local Colorado candidate but will consider out of area candidates.  Familiarity with civil work a plus.  Send resume to psmith@elkhornconstruction.com.  Start by 2 June 08 latest.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 05-14-2008 21:00 Edited 05-15-2008 15:58
Is this out of the Fort Lupton office?

Anyone considering this should PM me. There is a reason why they have not been able to keep a CWI for more than 60 days, if that, for the last several years.

It is sad to say, but there are companies that do not want a CWI but have to have one to do business. These types want the certification but not the inspector that goes with it.

BTW tell "Bullwinkle" or as I refer to him "BullTinkle" good luck in finding a "yes man" and someone who will look the other way here on this site amongst the proffessionals of our industry.

And I will say again, PM me if you are considering this position as I will tell you EXACTLY what you will be dealing with as internal QC. I will tell you what they will not. I will also link you up with several CWI's who have dealt with them first hand and can and will verify EVERYTHING that I will tell you.

I am sorry that I can not stand by and not speak up. If I said nothing about what I know first hand, I would be doing an injustice to my fellow inspectors who might consider this, as well as to our industry.

jrw159

Parent - - By OBLG_HUNTER Date 05-15-2008 18:20
Yes it is.  Too bad you are living in the past.  I've been the CWI here for a year and I am by no means a "yes man".  Things have changed and we now need another one to support the work effort.  From a QA/QC standpoint there is only one way to do the job and that is with honesty and integrity first to yourself, next to your employer and next to the client you are doing the work for.  If you don't have those two things in priority order then by all means do not apply for this job because you and I would be at logger heads.  I run things the way they need to be run and I compromise nothing, especially my signature and credentials.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 05-15-2008 18:55
I am glad to hear that things allegedly have changed. I have had and always will have the things you mentioned in priority order, and this is reason #1 of MANY why I would not even consider this opportunity, nor will I set idly by while there may be a chance that any one of my esteemed collegues might get involved in this.

As you well know reputations are everything in this line of work, and be they good or bad they stick with you. The reputation that has been built by people like "BullTinkle" and other incompetant, corner cutting, preaching but not practicing in everything from quality to safety, sorry excuses for leaders, will be hard to get away from.

I will say that if what you are saying is true, then they have gained a notch, and for that I will applaude them.

Having said that, I do in some ways live in the past because reputations are based on past experiances. This applies to employers as well as employee's. Just as one would not be recommended for rehire, a company can find itself in the same situation. Burned bridges are hard to rebuild, and when you burn one in this industry, you may well find it hard to cross the one just down the river because the guy who owns it watched you burn the last three or four bridges you crossed.

Good day Sir.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / CWI Needed