Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / welding machine inspection and testing procedures
- - By kennethtuv Date 05-18-2008 04:31
hello!!!

i am newly employed in a reputable inspection company. i am designated to prepare an inspection procedure for welding machine (general) but i can't hardly collect the materials that would help me accomplish my task. may be you can give me a helping hand by giving me a brief inspection and testing procedure for welding maching machine
tnx and i'm expecting to recieve a response from you guys!!!
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 05-19-2008 13:22
It would vary by equipment type. Although testing would be by load bank, so you could check the accuracy of the output. On wire feeders  you would want to check wire feed smoothness and IPM (inch per minute) of the drive motor. Factory data spec sheets can be aquired from the machinery MFG.
Parent - By usmc gremlin Date 05-19-2008 17:28 Edited 05-19-2008 17:35
What types of machines are you writing procedures on? ...... gas driven, plug -in , AC/DC input and or output. stick, mig, tig, fcaw, this type of info is needed for anyone to be able to provide you with some good info.  Is this inspection for maintenance, sale, storage, or direct use to be shipped offshore?
Parent - - By OBEWAN (***) Date 05-19-2008 17:36
You really need to contact the manufacturers of the welding equipment and get their published calibration information - if they have it.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 05-21-2008 18:53
I believe both KSellon, and OBEWAN have given you the best recommendations...
I would also refer to what may also have or have not been included in the contract documents, and/or consult with the EOR (Engineer Of Record) for further details just to CYA. ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / welding machine inspection and testing procedures