Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / CAN ANYONE BUILD A DREDGER
- - By sanger Date 05-20-2008 02:31
I need to know if someone can manufacture a dregder or have an idea of someone who can do it.JUst drop me a line ok.
Parent - By leon phelps (**) Date 05-20-2008 02:38
many ways to build a dredger. Depends on how much material you want to move.

First you need to figure out if you need an auger. Most likely yes. An auger will be something to churn the mud up. After the mud is churned up, then you would need to pump the muddy water away. You need a pump for that.

Building a dredger is a serious task. You need to figure out floatation, propulsion, pump rate for water flow, and auger size.

With the price of metal, I would hate to see what one built with scrap would cost.

Look around for dredgers. There are pictures that will lead you in the correct direction.
Parent - By makeithot (***) Date 05-20-2008 20:11
What kind of dredger are you looking for? what kind of material? what kind of volume do you want to move?
Parent - By 4theluvofgold (*) Date 05-26-2008 05:07
Yeah more specs would be needed but dredges are fairly easy to fab if you know the measures you want to deal with.  Also motor placements and balances are critical.   Been dredging for 18 years and I'm only 25.  have built 5 of my own dredges.  I'll be glad to help,  hence my alias  4theluvofgold
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / CAN ANYONE BUILD A DREDGER