Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Weld Repair Index by Equipment
- - By Nalla (***) Date 05-20-2008 11:53
Dear All
Recently I 've asked to measure by "Weld Repair Index by Equipment"
Appreciate if someone give me on how to go about getting it done?
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 05-20-2008 23:10
That would probably be a question better asked within your organization. Do they want to track number of occurances, length/width/volume of repair, man hours, costs, individual equipment, equipment make/model, equipment type, equipment mfgr etc?

The best thing to do in my opinion is for you to evaluate what data you have to enter then decide what you want to get out. If the data going in does not support the data going out you must modify the input or output.
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 05-21-2008 13:04
To suppliment Gerald's excellent advice.

You will need to have a strong understaning of welding process control and variables.

I suggest you purchase a book... "Total Welding Management"  By J.R. Barckhoff, PE.

While the main thrust of the book is really centered in manufacturing, the process of management provided will help you to know which data is important to capture and how to look logically at your processes in order to manage them with the highest quality, productivity as well as knowing which supplies are critical to your workers succsess.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / Weld Repair Index by Equipment