Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / finiancing welding machine????
- - By tightline11 (**) Date 05-21-2008 11:34
hello,   i was wondering  where i   can  go  and  finiance a  new welding machine,    im  in arkansas  and welsco,air products  want u  to  pay off a purchase with  2 payments,  me  myself  can't  do  that  lol   i  know  i  could  go  by the bank  and  get a loan  for a new welder    but   i  was  just wanting to  know  if any one out here  knows a place that lets u  pay  it out???    thanks in  advance for the info
Parent - By Root Pass (***) Date 05-21-2008 11:52
http://www.weldingmart.com/

http://www.readyarc.com/

And don't forget about good ol' Visa.
Parent - - By tnhnt (***) Date 05-22-2008 02:34
I know with Miller they send you a payment coupon book. They did with a buddy of mine he only had to pay 30% up front.
Parent - By Billyjoe (***) Date 05-22-2008 03:33
go to where you bank at
Parent - - By tightline11 (**) Date 05-22-2008 11:13
hey  tnhnt,  thanks  for   the reply, thanks you  all  for  your responses   i  wouldn't mind doing it like your buddy  did   im going to  get on  their web  site  and   try to  figured  it who to  calll
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 05-26-2008 16:49
One thing to keep in mind is that the companies that do factory financing with a buy out option usually hit you with HUGE interest rates & no real great deals on the actual price of the machine, which you will still have to purchase from a distributor & pay their retail markup. A signature loan from a credit union would probably be the best plan, giving you the cash to walk in & see what you can get. Depending on your credit score, you could probably get one for around 10+ %. Some distributors can get very attractive CASH prices on loaner & demo machines with very low hours & full factory warranty as well. I know a dude that got a Miller AIR PAK 6 mos old with less than 95 hours for around $13,000 from the local Miller rep. That's a sweet deal, several thousand off even the best wholesale price. I looked at financing an ironworker from Scotchman with an option to purchase for $1. Sounded great, but the interest rate was around 18% (at the time 4 yrs ago) & the payments were very steep. It was more like a revolving credit account from a department store with super high interest. I'm sure it's probably up around 22% now. Heck, a Capitol One credit card is a much better option than that! Good luck on it! S.W.
Parent - - By tightline11 (**) Date 05-27-2008 01:37
again thanks  for alll the good info,  i did some checking at the  place i  work  im in there 401k and i  can borrow the money from myself and  pay it back to my self with 7% interest(did all that make since?)  so  im thinking  when i get ready for the new welder(miller pro 300)  i  am going that route  like u  said   i  can go in with cash  and  see what the best deal i  can get
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 05-27-2008 02:27
Heck, I didn't even think to mention that. I did that a few times with mine in the past & was able to pay myself back with a good interest rate & no debt load additionally incurred. I would really hit your local Miller distributor up if you have cash, they're halfway cool & don't mind throwing you a bone. They may be willing to turn you on to their local rep & hook you up with a good price on a demo machine, or at least know where something for a super price could be found (if you want to go that route). Those reps CAN cut deals & I've seen it firsthand. Money talks & they want you in a Blue machine! Especially a $10,000+++ MSRP machine!  I have had only limited experience with the local Lincoln reps ( NOT knocking Lincoln) & they weren't really even competitive (or willing to be) in a reasonable price range for a low hour school or demo unit. Not to mention I got a nasty look from one because I have a Miller sticker on the window of my truck. If he would have walked around to the other side, he would have seen the big Lincoln Electric sticker on the opposite window. Get over it, dude! They were maybe a few hundred at BEST below what I could get it brand new for at the local Independent distributor! When we had BOC, Linde & Airgas here in town, none were really willing to do much for me when I was looking for a demo unit at one time, because they weren't going to get their 10-35+% Industrial Retail markup on the product. I have stuck with independent guys (Purity Cylinders), because they have been the best to me thus far. Especially for their service above all else, not just a good price.

Sorry, but I'm NOT an Airgas guy & most experience I've had with them is that of a monopolizing company trying to cut the independents totally out of the picture. Sorry, but that's been my experience & if the local Airgas guys are good to you, my hat's off to them. Only reason I said this is because we have only really one independent distributor here in Lansing, MI & they have been golden to me. They know they aren't going to really make anything off a demo unit direct from a rep, but they take care of their good customers. Just like it should be. Not just out to get a commission, or make a high percentage retail sale. It seemed like the few times I tried to deal with Airgas, I got the top tier pricing quoted to me & had to haggle to get anything reasonable out of them. I'm NOT the only one to tell that story with the local store here either. Most retail Industrial businesses have several "tiers" or levels of pricing, depending if you are just a clueless schmuck walking in off the street or a huge, discounted industrial account. The last time I went into the Airgas store quite a few years ago, they tried to stick it to me for $75 for a 40# spool of .035 copper coated MIG wire. He said steel had went up a lot. Well.....It hasn't gone up THAT much, & I didn't just fall off the scaffolding yesterday. I never went back.

I'll get off my soapbox now. Give your local guys a shot, maybe you can get something you want for reasonable, or just go the 100% new route. Best of luck on it! S.W.
Parent - By michaelb (**) Date 05-26-2008 12:25
lincolns website  has a loan option or a lease option with buy out,not a bad way to go but dang there is a lot of work to go through just before they willl tell you yes or no
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / finiancing welding machine????