Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / 200 restoration
- - By louieRD (**) Date 05-22-2008 11:23
i just bought a 200 from a shop thats closing after 30 years it looks new, other than all the shop dust and soot , its everywhere , but i know this came up in the past but i cant find it. whats the year of this beast and what would i use to clean the scalacked fuel system? serial# 408360    code#4150 any responses are very much appreciated, also does anyone know anything about stumpf  out of illinois for restoring machines?
Parent - - By Kix (****) Date 05-22-2008 12:04
Are you refering to Stumpf in Mascoutah Illinois.  I know they are very good with Lincoln products and can get what you need fairly quickly.  Heck, they have a million machines just sitting around to get parts off of if you want you stuff fixed for cheaper then if you ordered new parts.  They are very good people to deal with as well!  I used to live around there if you're wondering how I know about Stumpf.
Parent - - By louieRD (**) Date 05-22-2008 12:32
how about to fully rebuild a machine? im around ill ,and can haul it there , otherwise id send it out to bills welding ,its just not possible with fuel prices.
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 05-22-2008 13:18
call and ask them questions, price, products, warranty, etc. They are very friendly, I wish I knew more of their work.. I have contracted with freight companies to ship machines in and out of my shop anywhere in the US for average $250
Parent - By Kix (****) Date 05-27-2008 15:08
What do you mean by a full rebuild?  Are you talking motor and all or just electrical?  All I can say is give them a call.  I know the fully rebuild all the electrical stuff.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / 200 restoration