Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Certified Welder from the Philippines...
- - By nse_joshua Date 05-26-2008 05:15
Hello Guys!... I am Joshua, 26 years old from the Philippines. I'm glad to be here in this forum! I am a welder SMAW,GTAW and GMAW background and we are adapting AWS standard... Reading to some other posts here who already got their AWS certification I pondered on if "WHAT IF" I have a shot on getting an AWS Certificate?... I would be a GREAT achievement on my part being a non-American to be certified as such... But just maybe in my dreams...
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 05-27-2008 02:46
Hello Joshua and welcome to the forum. The AWS is based in the USA but is recognised in many countries internationally. This forum has many members from many countries and are all appreciated. (Except a few cheesy salesmen) If your employer is adapting AWS standards then an AWS qualification is one achievement/dream that is right around the corner.
Best of luck to you.
Parent - - By Shane Feder (****) Date 05-27-2008 03:15
Magandang hapon Joshua po,
Welcome to the forum,
Ingat ka at Pagbutihan nyo,
Shane
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 05-27-2008 03:17
Hello Shane. I wish I had thought to say that :)
Parent - - By Shane Feder (****) Date 05-27-2008 05:21
Merci beaucoup Tim.
Bonne journee,
Shane
Parent - - By nse_joshua Date 05-27-2008 07:52 Edited 05-27-2008 07:55
Thanks for your thoughts Shane Feder (Are you tagalog?... If not, you did it great man!) and swsweld, so all of us here are of the same Welding tongue! Actually I've been through basic welding during high school days and have made my own projects.... I just had a formal training or an upgrading in a welding school for SMAW, TIG and GMAW/FCAW (including Pipefitting) and we adapt AWS standards... As of the moment I am looking forward to have decent job as a Welder...

It's sort of kinda sad here in our country 'coz dirty jobs recieve meager salary which includes Welding. I'm on a job hunt for any fabrication environment, shipyard or offshore.... Can you guys direct me to a company where I can apply?...
Parent - - By Shane Feder (****) Date 05-27-2008 20:03
Magandang umaga Joshua,
I am in New Caledonia with 3000 pinoy so I have picked up a bit of Tagalog.Only konti lang.
We have AG&P and EEI here but we have only about 6 months of construction left.
I think EEI have picked up a major part of the US$5 billion Koniambo Nickel Project (up in North New Caledonia) so it may be worth contacting them for future work.
Ingat ka,
Paalam.
Shane
Parent - - By nse_joshua Date 05-28-2008 01:25
Shane do you have any ideas about their salaries?... Sorry for asking...
Parent - By Shane Feder (****) Date 05-28-2008 01:28
Sorry Joshua, no idea.
Regards,
Shane
Parent - By Ringo (***) Date 06-06-2008 19:18
Welcome.I spent alot of time in the Phillippines (Subic Bay),but didn't much welding there.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Certified Welder from the Philippines...