Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / ASME VIII (Fabrication Tolerances)
- - By cong nguyen (**) Date 05-26-2008 09:48
Dear All,
Any body know tolerance for fabrication of pressure vessel....?
For example: Tolerance for High of shell, Tolerance for roundness of cylindrical, conical.....
Now I am inspection for 15 Pressure Vessel (Water Treatment Vessel) and I don't know about permit tolerance for it. Also I don't know can I permit contractor to do die-stamping on the vessel or not...?
Many questions I want to ask you all but I can't list all there, so any body who have experience about pressure vessel can tell me what section I shall be read careffully?
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 05-26-2008 14:15 Edited 05-26-2008 23:23
Regarding fabrication tolerances, the main ones -diameter, out of roundness, welds misalignment etc.- are specified by the Code.
Other tolarances should be stated by the end user or the project engineering firm that he appointed as consultant. Two examples are the leveling tolerance of the trays supporting rings, because the out of level of the trays will interfere with its operation, and the out of squareness of the nozzles.
I've got the Allowable Tolerances for Pressure Vessels issued by The M. W. Kellogg Co., which is (or at least was) one of the best project engineering firms in the world in the oil and petrochemical fields. It's not in electronic format, so I should make a copy and send it to you by air mail. It'll take 12 - 15 days to reach you, considering that we're 180ยบ apart on the Earth sphere. Before, however, you must let me know your mailing address.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil   
Parent - - By cong nguyen (**) Date 05-27-2008 01:34
Thank very much Mr. G.S.Crisi
I just have sent my email address to your email, please advice for any helping...
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 05-27-2008 13:33
Here is a link to ASME Code Forum check this out Lots of good information.
MIKE K
http://www.onetb.com/forum.htm
Parent - - By cong nguyen (**) Date 05-28-2008 01:17
Dear Mr. Mike,
I have some time find on onetb.com/forum.htm at topic ASME VIII but it doesn't mention for allowance tolerance for pressure vessel...
Parent - By DAYANARA (**) Date 05-28-2008 17:27
Tolerances for pressure vessel find inUW-33 for example, but You shall review the base metal  of vessel, because for different base metal be allowance diferent tolerance , for example: pressure vesel construted with ferritic steel enhaced by heat treatment is cover for UHT and UHT-84 find other tolerance.
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 05-29-2008 00:01
Great Forum, Mike, I didn't know it. Thanks for the clue.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Parent - By cong nguyen (**) Date 05-29-2008 02:35
Dear Mr. G.S.Crisi
I have inform you my mailing address, could you please help me?
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / ASME VIII (Fabrication Tolerances)