Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / HOW TO REVIEW MATERIAL CERTIFICATES
- - By cong nguyen (**) Date 05-27-2008 02:29
Dear all,
Any body know when we review Material Certificates what item whe shall be concern.... Please note that I do not ask for specification of material to comparison, I know that we shall be compare mechanical properties, chemical composition, applicable sepcificaion...
I am asking for what we shall be concern in order to certify that the certificates is true... For example does the certificates must be approved by Third Party? Does certificates must be have original stamping by manufacture? And any body know what meaning for the word "Inspection Certificate EN 10204 / 3.1" Some one talk me 3.1 certificate is the best, but I don't understand, any body can explain to me?
Parent - - By Shane Feder (****) Date 05-27-2008 05:12
cong nguyen,
A 3.1 certificate in accordance with EN 10204:2004 is a material certificate for Pressure Systems Bulk Materials and comes under the European PED (Pressure Equipment Directive).
The Certificate is issued by the manufacturer and contains a "Statement of Compliance with the Order and Indication of Results of Specific Inspection."
The Certificate must be validated by "The Manufacturers Authorised Inspection Representative (who must be independent of the manufacturing department)
The Certificate must be supported by a "Valid Quaility Management System (QMS) Certificate.

There are other requirements but probably the most important is the "QMS Certificate must be issued by a Certifying Authority (Third Party/NoBo) or its associate established in Europe.
Hope that helps,
Regards,
Shane
Parent - By cong nguyen (**) Date 05-27-2008 06:01
Thank you very much Shane Feder
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / HOW TO REVIEW MATERIAL CERTIFICATES