Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / WELDING CONSUMABLE CERTIFICATES ANY BODY KNOW?
- - By cong nguyen (**) Date 05-28-2008 07:45
Dear you all,
When I read ASME II Part-C Specification A5.1 Table 4 I found some confusion as below:
- At table 4 given some required tests, E7016 Electrode with diameter 2.4, 2.5, 3.2 Not required for Chemical Analysis, so may I ask you all that, when we buy E7016 the manufacturer don't need analysis chemical? It mean that I have one certificate for E7016 without chemical analysis then the certificate is valid or not?
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 05-28-2008 13:21
If it is not required by the specification it is not required to be on the cert. In fact, it is not required you have a cert at all. Read Section 5.
Unless of course it is all required by job or customer specification. In which case refer to A5.01.
Parent - - By cong nguyen (**) Date 05-29-2008 02:32
But event project specification is not required, in many project where I have work is allways required contractor submit material certificates and welding consumables certificates. And you mention that A5.01 are the tests which are required by custermer, is it correct?
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 05-29-2008 13:21
5.01 allows a reference, or standardization of tests, and a method of homogenizing, controlling, and specifying filler metal orders, when testing regimes in addition to (or even within)those required by filler specs are part of a customer spec or manufacturing process.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / WELDING CONSUMABLE CERTIFICATES ANY BODY KNOW?