Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / new member
- - By texwelder (***) Date 06-01-2008 20:39
Hey fellow welders, I'm new to this site, I've been reading alot of the posts before I bacame a member, very interesting information, so I just had to join. I'll probally ask some questions. But first I would like to see pics of welding beds, I'm building my own right now.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 06-01-2008 21:35
Welcome.

I'm no help on a welding bed.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-01-2008 21:50
Welcome to the Greatest Forum on the net! Look under welding bed, lots of real nice stuff to see. S.W.

"What's your major malfunction, Private Pyle?" (Full Metal Jacket)
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 06-01-2008 23:24
Iseen those beds real nice, I'm just about finished with mine its a low pro-file type bed about all thats left is painting, I was wondering what type of paint you guys would recommend for a tough yet glossy paint. I,ll post pics when I get done. the other question I have is anybody on here pipe welding in central Texas area around Buffalo, Franklin, and Jewitt area.
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-01-2008 23:28
I've seen those companies that can show up at your location & do that electro-powder coating with no problem. I've heard it's as good as baked power coating. Don't know what you guys got around there though. I just hit machines & such with a spray gun & an automotive acrylic enamel with a hardener, medium reducer. Good luck! S.W.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 06-01-2008 23:33
Our yard is in Bryan but wwork all of those areas If youare able to do it , POWDERCOAT your bed it is the only way to fly
Parent - - By texwelder (***) Date 06-01-2008 23:38
what does powdercoating costs on average and who does it around here, who are you working for in bryan
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 06-02-2008 01:33
call Gooseneck trailers in Bryan they have a booth big enough or your bed not sure of the cost. I work for Mercer
Parent - - By southerngray (**) Date 06-02-2008 03:50
www.cmtrailers.com I have seen some of the 798 hands here in Kentucky with fine looking beds
Parent - By pipeliner04 (**) Date 06-05-2008 04:41
ive heard that cmtrailers makes a pipeliner bed but ive never seen one and i just went to the website and didnt find that either.  can you send me a link for a picture of one
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / new member