Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Uphill rig welder lookin 4 sum schoolin
- - By texasrtp (*) Date 06-03-2008 20:21
Hi My name is Bob,I live in Mineral wells, texas. I was hoping to get in contact with some pipeliners working on the barnett shale.
I been workin out of state for awhile now and would like to come home, but all the work around home is downhill. I'm 41 and have been welding for awhile, but I'm not proficient enough to pass a bellhole&branch (busted out twice) test yet. All I have ever done is uphill,so if you live around the Mineral wells area and woundn't mind showing an olddog some new downhill tricks gimmie a call. 9403256539
I am not so proud that I woundn't be a helper just to get the knowledge that I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Bob
Parent - - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 06-03-2008 21:27
Here is an educational tip.  SUM should be spelled SOME.  You should use "for" instead of "4".  Having read the rest of your post, It is evident that you can spell and construct an English sentence.
Parent - By RANDER (***) Date 06-03-2008 22:18
You forgot "Lookin", "Schoolin"
Parent - - By texasrtp (*) Date 06-03-2008 22:22
Sorry about that JPK this was my first post here and I didn't know my grammer was going to be graded by some welding english teacher.

was just trying to make my topic catchy to get attention. hahahahaha :<)
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 06-04-2008 00:52 Edited 06-04-2008 01:58
Hello texasrtp and welcome to the forum. You can use the search feature to type in some keywords that might give you some tips while you are waiting on a call (hopefully). I'm not a pipeliner. Wrong place wrong time. So I'll let the pros's pitch in. There are plenty on here.

I like your attitude that you are willing to learn pipelining as a helper. Shouldn't take long for you.
Best of luck on your venture.
BTW Correct spelling and grammar is not a prerequisite for participation on this forum. If it was there would only be seven people allowed on here. I would be banned also.

edit That's only the ones that use the spell checker 100% of the time.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-04-2008 01:42
BWAAHAHAHA!!!! 7 people?  Thats a high end estimate if I have ever heard one.

I am thinking closer to 4.

And I ain't wun.

I can count the number of posts that I have not had to edit for spelling on one hand.

jrw159
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-04-2008 01:50
Bob,
  I will choose to let some of the current welders give advice to you. I am an inspector now and have not welded for $ in awhile. As stated proper spelling and grammar are not required for participation, but as you will soon see, if you have not already, it is kind of a rough crowd in here at times.

Welcome to the 4um, :-)

John
Parent - - By texasrtp (*) Date 06-04-2008 03:55
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA They can't rough me up no more than the corps did. Semper Fidelis
Thank you'all for your replys, and to tell you the truth the ribbing just makes me feel like I'm on the job site.  AAHHHH no place like home.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-04-2008 03:59
HOOOORAAH!!!

Good to hear my friend. You will fit in just fine.

take care until next time,
John
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 06-04-2008 11:47
Hi Bob...nothing of importance to add to your thread, just wanted to say welcome to the forum and that I have cousins that live in Mineral Wells and in Witcha Falls.
Parent - By texasrtp (*) Date 06-05-2008 07:08
Thanks alot John,everyone here has been very helpful. I thank you all. I wish i had known about this forum a long time ago.
I have family in Wichita Falls too.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Uphill rig welder lookin 4 sum schoolin