Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / My ship came in .......
- - By TheBlackWidow (*) Date 06-06-2008 23:30
My ship came in alittle over a year ago ...and Now my ship has left ...whats a Girl to do !!!!!
I really liked working on a ship ~Same Ship Different day I use to say and now im sad its over.

Anyone know of any good welding In Maine NH area ?

I'm having withdrawals !!
At this point i would BEG to sweep a weld shop floor !!! stand out side just to hear the hum of the machines and the crackle of my lovers 7018, 6010, 309 rods.

Im dreaming of a hot molten puddle and the power i posses making it flutter with every rythematic movement i make.

faster slower weave zig zag whip n pause.... a one and two step dancing my way horizantly vertically and over my head.

Someone shoot me i need to get Burned soon LMAO
Parent - By 52lincoln (***) Date 06-06-2008 23:35
u nasty thang LOL!!!
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-06-2008 23:58
Tame that ARC!! Too Hot!! :-) S.W.
Parent - - By arrowside (**) Date 06-08-2008 12:47
Your myspace won't open.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-08-2008 13:49
It opened for me.
Parent - - By Plasma-Brain (**) Date 06-08-2008 15:29
LOL Arc withdrawal.... it sucks, nothing else comes close.
Matches, lighters, charcoal, lighting fluid, alcohol... propane... cologne (ever tried the "blowtorch" effect with a can of "Ax" or "Tag"??? :D)
nothing else burns the same way or with the same intensity as a good 6010 or 7018... or GMAW.... or GTAW... or a cutting torch... or a plasma cutter...

There is no fire like welding fire, and once someone has played with "THE" fire... nothing else will ever be the same...

Theres nuttin wrong with missing the spatter bites! thats how you know the puddle cares and loves you. ;)

-Clif
Parent - - By TheBlackWidow (*) Date 06-09-2008 11:34
Yes so true and here in Maine i have found not a lot of good paying Jobs that can keep me and my kids on our feet. so while waiting and searching for my dream job again.... im going to ask the local welding school if they need a volunteer so i can clean a shop and smell the smoke and who knows maybe they'll let this little lady burn a rod or 2 : )
Wish me luck Boy's this welding addict is on the loose and wanting to spark * nothing will stop me now!!!! (unless its a job under $16.00 a hour)
Anyways let me know if u hear of anything Good up my way !!
Parent - By RBeldyk (**) Date 06-09-2008 13:04
If I were in Freeport Maine, with all the tourist going to LLBean, I would set up a small studio and weld whimsical creatures from scrap steel, nuts, bolts etc. and sell them. While it may not be your dream job it would give you some scratch. BTW I have a 20 inch lobster cut from 1/2 plate sitting on a shelf in my office.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-09-2008 14:23
TheBlackWidow,
   Hey, Not that you need it but, Good Luck!! Wish I could help with work in that area, but I am a long way from there.

Seriously, I can tell that you have the drive and desire and you will do just fine.

jrw159

EDIT: BTW, Nice myspace pic. LOL :-)
Parent - By Bob Garner (***) Date 06-10-2008 22:49
If you wanna weld on ships, come to National Steel and Shipbuilding Co. (NASSCO) out here in San Diego.  They're still hiring.

Bob Garner
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / My ship came in .......