Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Good Fortunes Come to Those Who Wait
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-09-2008 22:00
Hello Gentlemen;

I can hardly contain my excitement and I had to tell everyone of the news of my good fortune! I just received the following notice and just now sent them all the information they requested so I can reap the fortune that has fallen into my lap!

THE PRESIDENCY
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF AUDITOR TO THE PRESIDENT
INTERNATIONAL CREDIT SETTLEMENT DEPT
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA AND
THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE
Our Ref: FGN /SNT/STB

ATTENTION BENEFICIARY:

THIS IS TO OFFICIALY INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE VERIFY ON YOUR
CONTRACT /INHERITANCE FILE AND FOUND OUT THAT WHY YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVE YOUR
PAYMENT IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT FULFIL THE OBLIGATIONS GIVING TO YOU IN RESPECT
TO YOUR CONTRACT / INHERITANCE PAYMENT.
SECONDLY WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT YOU ARE STILL DEALING WITH THE NONE
OFFICIALS IN THE BANK SO SUCH ILLEGAL ACT LIKE THIS HAVE TO STOP IF YOU WISHES
TO RECEIVE YOUR PAYMENT SINCE WE HAVE DECIDED TO BRING A SOLUTION TO YOUR
PROBLEM,RIGHT NOW WE HAVE ARRANGE YOUR PAYMENT THROUGH OUR SWIFT CARD PAYMENT
CENTER ASIA PACIFIC, THAT IS THE  LATEST INSTRUCTION BY THE PRESIDENCY OF THE
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.
THIS CARD CENTER WILL SEND YOU AN ATM CARD WHICH YOU WILL USE TO WITHDRAW YOUR
MONEY IN ANY ATM MACHINE IN ANY PART OF THE WORLD, BUT THE MAXIMUM IS FOUR
THOUSAND DOLLARS PER DAY, SO IF YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE YOUR FUND THIS WAY PLEASE
LET US KNOW BY FORWARDING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS;

1.YOUR FULL NAME
1. PHONE AND FAX NUMBER,
2. ADDRESS WERE YOU WANT THEM TO SEND THE ATM CARD TO(P.O BOX NOT ACCEPTED)
3. YOUR AGE AND CURRENT OCCUPATION
4. BANK NAME

THE ATM CARD PAYMENT CENTER HAS BEEN MANDATED TO ISSUE OUT $800,000.00 (EIGHT
HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) FOR YOUR INFORMATION YOU HAVE TO STOP
ANY FURTHER COMMUNICATION WITH ANY OTHER PERSON(S) OR OFFICE(s). THIS IS TO
AVOID ANY HITCHES IN FINALIZING YOUR PAYMENT.
EMAIL BACK ON MY PRIVATE BOX ( Millano.Duval@live.com )  AS SOON AS YOU
RECEIVE THIS IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR MORE DIRECTION ON THIS REGARDS ON HOW TO
CONTACT THE SWIFT CARD CONSULT PAYMENT CENTER FOR IMMEDIATE ISSUING OF YOUR ATM
CARD
NOTE: THAT BECAUSE OF IMPOSTORS, WE HEREBY ISSUED YOU OUR CODE OF CONDUCT,
WHICH IS (306) SO YOU HAVE TO INDICATE THIS CODE IN ALL FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.

Best Regards
BARRISTER MILLANO DUVAL
N.B: PLEASE REPLY THROUGH MY ALTERNATIVE BOX ON : Millano.Duval@live.com

You have to wonder if anyone is stupid enough to respond to these hoaxes. I'm surprised they didn't ask for a cash deposit. I was going to respond with some fictional information, but figured why invite more such e-mails.

Best regards - Al 
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-09-2008 22:06
Give them Mark Coles information. LOL :-)

Here it is:

Hi John,
How are you? I hope you are doing pretty well. I am Mark a 35 years old welder from Arkansas. I have been a member of the American Welding Society for 5 years now, since I started welding.

Actually I have been in the UK (United Kingdom) for the past 10 days now. This is because I was made to understand that I have secured a Job contract to work for an Oil servicing firm for a year here in UK with a big pay of 100,000 pounds annually. I applied for this Job contract in May and since then have been in constant communication with the people. After sometime they informed me that i have secured the job and will need to come to UK to finish every paper work with regards to the contract before i can start the job.They sent me an invitation which i used to get Visa at the Embassy. When i got here,i was picked up at the airport by three guys and checked me into a hotel. the next day,they told me that i will need to go to some offices to get some papers and sign some documents. Infact,they collected the total sum of $8,500 from me in the process. After 4 days,i did not see any of them again.I waited for one week in the hotel and nobody came.I had to inform the hotel management about it and they told me that i might have been just defrauded. I could not believe it.I had to pay the hotel another money to enable me stay for sometime and plan my way back to the states.

Infact yesterday i had to book my flight ticket to the United States. And i was told that i will need a BTA(Basic Travelling Allowance) before i can fly from Uk to another country. Honestly i have spent all the money i have and what is left for me now is just $700 and the BTA is $1,200.

Please,my friend i will like you to just help me out with $500 to complete the BTA and fly back to US.I don't know what to do since i have no folks.Moreover i was told that the BTA is just for travel security incase anything happens and it may not need to be spent.I promise to pay you back as soon as i get back to US.
I am writing to you because you once replied to my post and i belief we are friends.I have just 4 days for the ticket and Below is my flight Schedule:

THIS IS THE FLIGHT INFO:

Departure

From London (London Heathrow International Airport) to Amsterdam
(Schiphol)

Flight number KL 0588

Departure time      21:40 Mon 09 June, 2008
Arrival time           05:25 Tue 10 June, 2008

Class Economy Class

From Amsterdam (Schiphol) to Newyork

Flight number KL 6057

Departure time   14:20 Tue 10 June, 2008
Arrival time        17:00 Tue 10 June, 2008

Class Economy

Remarks Operated by Northwest Airlines

From Newyork to Arkansas

Flight number KL 6882

Departure time  19:40 Tue 10 June, 2008
Arrival time       22:30 Tue 10 June, 2008

Class Economy

Remarks Operated by Northwest Airlines

Price:

Passengers

1 adult.

Price

USD 1,529.44 

Price Breakdown
Show price breakdown
Price Breakdown
   Passenger Type  Ticket price*  Tax*  No.
Total*
Adult(s) 1,110.00 419.44 1 1,529.44
  * Prices are listed in USD.
USD 1,529.44

Passenger information:

Title

Mr.

First Name

MARK

Last Name

COLE

Phone daytime

World Perks (Northwest Airlines)
NW 0000000000

Kindly help me to get back.I am hoping to hear from you soonest.

Your friend,
Mark.
Parent - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 06-09-2008 23:32
5 - 6 years ago I used to receive that kind of letters here in Brazil, and so did some of my friends. All of them came from Nigeria, or at least that's what was written on the message.
Then, as suddenly as they appeared, they disappeared.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - - By ctacker (****) Date 06-10-2008 00:30
I must be a few times luckier than you Al, i get at least one every day, I've won the UK lottery at least a hundred times, and I am some rich nigerians benificiery even more than that. one day I hope to have time to answer all those emails and retire, until then, I just keep spammen them!

I have wondered how many people actually fill out the info when they get an email from a bank saying they need to update their info. I must have accounts at every major bank and don't even know it. I think all them nigerians are depositing money in my behalf at every major bank out there!
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 06-10-2008 02:02
25-30 years ago the popular scam was the "chain letter" now it is this.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-10-2008 00:45
Sounds like the scam artists are making their rounds here at AWS. I say throw them alive in an industrial meat grinder like the Exterminator did to that drug dealer. Then, sell the meat back to the Nigerians for top dollar.

"God...You're so pretty. I'm going to enjoy mutilating you." (Chas Stanning, NSA)
Parent - - By chris2698 (****) Date 06-10-2008 01:15
I've never gotten a email like that although I never open emails up that I don't know the person
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-10-2008 02:00
These are coming over the site. Not directly, at least for me. been a lot of them lately from what I'm hearing from other members. Sounds like the Nigerian scam deal. They should be shot...With a bazooka. S.W.

"Let's hook up, I really want to get together.....You can do anything you want...." (Stephanie to the lovely Jara Keller, on the phone, luring her into a trap where she will be kidnapped & tortured to death, NSA)
Parent - - By chris2698 (****) Date 06-10-2008 02:18
that or hangem up by there balls so they can't have anymore scammer kids lol
Parent - - By bosruten (*) Date 06-10-2008 02:31
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-10-2008 03:35
That is absolutely awesome! I'll be investigating more of it. S.W.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-10-2008 02:34 Edited 06-10-2008 04:21
It would be just like the Chinese with there steel. They have no problem providing it to us but they damn sure don't want it back.

EDIT: Left the "a" out of the word back. LMFAO :-)
Parent - - By chris2698 (****) Date 06-10-2008 03:29
god don't even talk about chinese stainless steel that stuff is junk. I remember philipine steel well crap but chinese was really junk. I think Austria I liked the most it welded real well
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 06-10-2008 13:16
In my experience the best inconnel and stainless come from indonesia, for a job out here there was only one factory in the world that could make the inconnel pipe and it happened to be in indonesia...  Anyways everyonce and awhile they take some one for a few grand or more.  It was big news a year ago some town treasurer in michigan emptied an entire towns budget to a scammer... like several million, once the money is over seas it's impossible to get back
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 06-10-2008 18:14
Parent - By Metarinka (****) Date 06-10-2008 18:25
probably lucky to be in jail now, I don't think I would want to stay around a town where I took over a million dollars of their money. Either this guy was stupid, or those Nigerians where playing a good scam I mean... over a million dollars?
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 06-10-2008 13:47
I once received an e-mail from a lawyer that claimed I was the only person whose last name was the same as a Very rich person living in Malaysia. This person had died unexpectedly and this "vast fortune "was left in a bank account.
  The person wanted me to fill out all kinds of paperwork to grant him legal authority to begin a court case to grant ME that's right lucky little 'ol me the full inheritance minus a modest charge for his legal counsel.
  I simply replied to the message saying "sure go ahead and do what you need to do to get me "My money" and send me the check. I guess he figured that he hooked someone and got my phone # and called one night @ 1:00 in the morn ....figuring that it could be an emergency I woke up answered the phone and herd the most drunk sounding word slurring 3rd world ½ wit ever. Simply gave him a piece of my mind and in a polite American way YUK YUK told him never bother me again, and he never did.
Mike K
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 06-10-2008 13:54
Clearly there are plenty of people styooopid enough to fall for this since they seem to keep coming. I get em all the time. Seems to me that if it didn't work they wouldn't waste their time. Its unbelievable.
Parent - - By CHGuilford (****) Date 06-10-2008 17:20
Unfortunately, you hear on the news all too often of some elderly, disadvantaged, or poor person being taken in by a scam.  Some folks are so desparate that all they have is the hope that the information is real.  As you say, scammers know their game works all too well.
Parent - By Metarinka (****) Date 06-10-2008 17:59
the newest scam I've heard of is going on to dating sites etc, "falling in love with a person" then asking them for the $1000 is requires for the plane ticket. I hear it works pretty well desperate people are willing to give the money to someone they love but it's even sicker to play with someones emotions like that. In general I would never give money to someone I didn't know, especially if they solicited it.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Good Fortunes Come to Those Who Wait