Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / sheet metal work pics
- - By Metarinka (****) Date 06-10-2008 18:15 Edited 06-10-2008 18:22
I've seen some structural and pipeline pics I thought I would add some stainless steel sheet metal pics. we build all our assemblies out of stainless steel, I've just included some interior shots of a liner. Sorry for the lack of detail, company policy.
Most units have to be air tight which means a lot of TIG fusing, everything is light guage 14-20.  Those little tubes are a pain to weld up, 3/4" dia outside corner overhead. The blower houses are formed from sheet are a pain to keep in tolerance.
the working conditions for this unit is probably around 800deg F. hotter ones go up to 1300 deg

everything in there is built formed and welded in house, occasionally we do inconnel, monnel and other super alloy structures and liners... glad I'm not paying the bill

P.S: Don't get too jealous of my fancy shoes
Attachment: liner.jpg (0B)
Attachment: blower.jpg (0B)
Attachment: corner.jpg (72k)
Attachment: seals.jpg (0B)
Attachment: fancyshoes.jpg (0B)
Parent - By rlitman (***) Date 06-10-2008 18:59
What are those, climbing shoes?  But seriously, I'm glad I'm not doing all of those tubes.  I cannot imagine a repair of one of those, in the middle.     :)
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 06-11-2008 03:51
What is this unit?
Parent - By Metarinka (****) Date 06-11-2008 16:49
an "environmental chamber" I'm actually not sure the exact duty of this chamber, I just design the welds and run beads when they need me to. I know those are intake/exhaust blowers and I believe the tubes are for heat distribution, or part of a radiator unit for heat extraction.

funky stuff, very tight tolerances on some of them
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / sheet metal work pics