Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / how do simplify my welding certification.
- - By KENNY629 (**) Date 06-11-2008 19:56
how do i simplify my welding certifcation, so its to the POINT, and lets potential emplyers KNOW what I have. thank you
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-11-2008 20:27
KENNY629,
  Lets try something, if you do not mind. I would like for you to send me an e-mail with a resume and a copy of your "cert" (scan and attach) as well as a brief work history, level of education, ect. and description of what it is you are looking for. In other words, act like you are trying to hire on to "JRW159 Pipeline Welding and Fabrication Services" (no such company exists to my knowledge, and if it does I have NO affiliation with it :-) )

Maybe I can help you. Send me a PM if you are interested and I will give my e-mail address.

jrw159
Parent - - By KENNY629 (**) Date 06-11-2008 20:31
sounds like a plan, but the only thing is, i only have a hard copy of my cert.... besides that i can send you a resume and the cert if i can get it on microsoft word, then we woul dbe in bussiness! thank s for you help.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-11-2008 20:39
Do you have access to a scanner? Go to the local Library and do it there. It might cost you a dollar or two, but I would go that route and get it electronic as well as hard copy.

jrw159
Parent - By KENNY629 (**) Date 06-11-2008 20:40
I have the ORIGINAL COPY AS WELL AS LIKE 20 PHOTOCOPIES for my records.
Parent - - By KENNY629 (**) Date 06-11-2008 20:39
what i can do is, type my cert info to you, its not that long and send you a hard copy of my resume, will that do?????
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-11-2008 20:43
That would give me the info, but I would like to see the original "cert" that you are presenting to them. I feel that this may be the biggest part of your problem. Send me what you can though and we will go from there.

jrw159
Parent - By KENNY629 (**) Date 06-11-2008 20:49
ok i will send you a copy right now, cert and resume, whats your email addy???????

well that's my other ? how do i word it on my resume, anyway you will see what i mean.. =)
Parent - - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 06-12-2008 00:28
Kenny,
send me your resume and a cover letter. Click on my name and you can get my emal address
But if you do I will pick it apart on this forum!
I have seen what jrw159 had ofered. I can look over your resume and cover letter describing your qualifications, certification, experience and expectaions. You dont have to scan in anything. All I want is a file with a cover letter and resume in either .doc or.pdf format.
You say you have been posting to all the websites and no response.
I am making no offer of employment. I just want to see if I can find your problem.
I have a sneaking idea what it is but I would like to be sure.
Waiting
BABRT's
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-12-2008 00:47
BigK,
  I think you and I are on the same road, just in a different lane. :-)

John
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 06-13-2008 01:30
You are right. You could evaluate Mr KENNY and so could I. We have offered hime help. Lets see if he takes us up on it.
Wanna guess what he is going to do?
BABRT's
Parent - - By mountainman (***) Date 06-11-2008 20:30
use a copy machine, put it on the glass surface(face down), close lid, press start, lift lid, take your original cert and put it back in your wallet. look to the left and the machine will spit out a copy, then staple that copy to the back of your resume and the prospective employer can first hand read what process or processes you are qualified or certified for. hope it helps, i know they're intimidating at first but once you've tried it it's like it will do whatever you want and as many times as you want. copy machines are today's cure to carpol tunnel syndrome.
Parent - - By KENNY629 (**) Date 06-11-2008 20:32
=)
Parent - - By mountainman (***) Date 06-11-2008 20:35
why isn't your thingy coming up as a funny face?
Parent - By KENNY629 (**) Date 06-11-2008 20:36
my thingy is alittle tired today!! HAHAHA. =)
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 06-11-2008 21:15
He is using an equal sign instead of the colon sign :)
Parent - - By mountainman (***) Date 06-11-2008 21:19
=)(=     looky here two smileys smoochin
Parent - By Kix (****) Date 06-12-2008 12:44
=)~~(=    there's some tung action for ya. lol
Parent - - By Root Pass (***) Date 06-13-2008 02:19
ROTFLMAO. Better let him know the copy could come out the right side of the machine. No need to stand there lookin left if it's settin to the right.
Parent - By mountainman (***) Date 06-13-2008 14:00
LOL some things you have to learn the hard way!

JJ
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-13-2008 17:54
Hey, Kenny. Waiting on you to return my call.

John
Parent - - By KENNY629 (**) Date 06-14-2008 00:34
i got your message, early this moring, thanks for calling, but i have some good NEWS! i got hired at this metal supply shop on friday the 13th!!! not a full time welder about maybe 35 to 40% with other warehouse duties, HEY but its a start! im sooooooooooooooooo excited, thanks to EVERYONE THAT has been helpful in my search! wish me luck.....
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-14-2008 01:56
Hey, thats great. I still have advice for you. If you would like me to post it here, or talk to you, just let me know. BUT, I will say that I will not post the "issues" unless you approve.

Are you welding??

jrw159
Parent - - By KENNY629 (**) Date 06-14-2008 04:11
you can send the advice to y email, that would be better, thanks
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 06-14-2008 04:15
will do
Parent - By turbolaser (**) Date 06-14-2008 13:49
Grats on the job Kenny.  Some advice for the future though.  Forget the resume unless you are looking at a job that is not within driveing distance even then pick up the phone and talk to the company first then send out a resume.  You'll get a welding job by showing up at the business/jobsite with your welding gear.  Just go to the places you want to work and have a talk with the welding supervisor or whoever does the hireing and ask them for the opportunity to test.  In my experiences most welding shops don't call back someone over a resume.  They will hire the guy who just shows up with their gear,talks to them in pesron, and demonstrates his ability to weld.  The guy who sent the resume may be a much more qualified welder then the walk-in, but the guy who walked in shows that he is motivated to work.
Anyways good luck with the job Kenny, give them 110%, show them skills and turn yourself into there go to welder. 
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / how do simplify my welding certification.