Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / D1.1 WPS base material qualification question.
- By Kix (****) Date 06-20-2008 13:21
I'm just checking to see if you need to qualify the base material and wire to sec 4 before you can qualify a fillet weld WPS with the same material.  I'm pretty sure you do, but I wanted to be clear because I'm having probs finding the clause in the big red book right now.  I've allready got the base material qualified with a lower strength wire and had to qualify a WPS for an GMAW automatic 1F fillet with 3 macro's on 1" thick plate.  Come to find out were using a 110ksi wire for the automatic seamer when the PQR's I did were with 90ksi wire.  So do I need to set up another groove plate and lay some of this 110ksi wire in there with the seamer to get some tensiles, bends, and RT?  If I do, I'm going to go to the EOR and ask him if I can drop down to 90ksi wire for the outriggers.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / D1.1 WPS base material qualification question.