Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Resistance Welding R&D
- - By Zeek (**) Date 06-24-2008 18:26
I'm looking to do some research and development resistance welding various materials, and I'm trying to find a facility in the southern california area that has resistance spot welding equipment that they rent for situtations like this.  I have my own materials and whatnot, but I would just like to personally use the equipment so I can experiement with these materials.  If there are facilities like this, do they typically charge by the hour?  I'm not familiar with how these facilities typically work.  If anyone can recommend any testing facilities in this region, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks. 
Parent - By OBEWAN (***) Date 06-25-2008 18:36
I don't think you will find much at all in CA.  Even in Detroit, the mecca for RSW there are only around 2 consulting labs.  They do not rent out equipment as far as I know.  If you want equipment, your best bet might be to try to get some demo equipment from a RSW supplier.  But, it you are not serious, you would be leading them on.  When I worked automotive, a Chineese supplier once loaned us a complete welding cell for 4 months to "evaluate".  They of course were expecting hundreds of orders for robot welders though since we supplied 3000 robots a year to automotive.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Resistance Welding R&D