Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Pipe Fence question
1 2 Previous Next  
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 06-28-2008 18:00
Did a couple miles of the stuff for, (Arabian Ambassador for the USA), 'Prince' Bandar in Starwood, Aspen, Co in 2004. 150.00 bucks per linear ft.

You aint gonna get that on a normal job, but if you got 50 bucks a foot, you would make out, especially if you got that drill pipe for free...........!

A good fence job can set you for the year.
Parent - - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-28-2008 18:11
Now, THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! :-) S.W.
Parent - - By 52lincoln (***) Date 06-28-2008 18:30
well,I'm glad you boys get that kinda money up there.you probably wouldn't get that rate around here.but i don't bid stuff anymore i just do it buy the hour.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 06-29-2008 16:48
The wealthy know what they want, and who they want to do it.

What helps me get those jobs is a portfolio and word of mouth. The first thing they want is an example of your work, the next: your certs.

If they are confident that you can do the job, pesos are not an issue to them.

They are all show - offs.
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-30-2008 01:31
Money is NEVER an issue to those kinda people. Like you said.....They know what they want & they'll pay for it too. Get everything you can! S.W.
Parent - - By phaux (***) Date 06-29-2008 23:25
Well, I went out to the property today to check it all out. 100' turned into roughly 300' and he doesn't want any gates made, said he'll buy some. The ground isn't solid rock, it's a mixture of pieces of rock and dirt. I told him $6000 and I think he seems a bit reluctant, said he'll call me in a week after he gets another bid. I'll be picking up a plasma cutter next week, so if I do do this it'll make fitting a heck of a lot easier. He told me that the other fence he had up, which is pretty heavy duty, was $15/ft, but that was 4-6yrs ago. If I do do it I'll take pics and let y'all know how it turns out.
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 06-30-2008 17:39
steel has gone up 100% every year for the last 8 years..............something to think about
Parent - - By millerman (**) Date 06-30-2008 18:46
hey phaux on that plasma cutter let me know how it works i was looking to buy one but was steered away because on old steel you would go throug comsumables like crazy they said it would be more cost eff. on mild rusted steel
not old oil field pie  < lord knows its been a long time since iv got work with half way clean pipe>
mac
Parent - By phaux (***) Date 06-30-2008 18:52
Will do. Looking at buying a Firepower FP-25 off a guy for $450. Will cut up to 1/4". If I really like it I may upgrade to something capable of 1/2".
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Pipe Fence question
1 2 Previous Next