Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Handbook online
- - By ross (***) Date 06-26-2008 20:14
The AWS Welding Handbook, which is an excellent reference, is gradually going online, accessible to AWS members.  So far we have the first chapter of the first volume up, which is a really good overview of the various processes.

Find it at http://www.aws.org/awiki/view/Weldipedia/WebHome

Let me know if you have bugs in the log-in process.

Ross
AWS Marketing
Parent - By hogan (****) Date 06-26-2008 20:28
Thanks Ross. I added to favorite
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 06-26-2008 20:42
Outstanding!

This is an excellent member benefit!

More more!
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 06-26-2008 20:57
That is my favorite welding book. I'm not kidding.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 06-27-2008 20:01
Hi Ross!

This definitely makes up for all of the glitches constantly being experienced by myself, and other members while using the AWS forum website!!! :) :) :)
I really do appreciate this added feature of access to such invaluable reference material for the members of the AWS who are many participants in the forum.
What a GREAT IDEA!!! :) Now if I travel, and I somehow forget to pack my own hardcopy of the AWS welding handbook, I can access at the very least, the first chapter of the book online!!!:) :) :) That is... So long as I'm still an active member in good standing, or have recently became one. ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 06-27-2008 23:43
I can't get it to work for me. I give it the info requested but no luck.
Parent - - By ross (***) Date 08-08-2008 13:26
Just added chapter 2 on the physics of welding. Now available at http://www.aws.org/weldipedia

Ross
AWS Marketing
Parent - By Stephan (***) Date 08-08-2008 13:41
Wow!

What a service!

I'd wish the German Welding Society would enable just 1/1000 of what you are providing so generously to your members!

No offense against the DVS but this is truly great...

Thanks and best regards,
Stephan
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Handbook online