Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Thanks to sbcmweb and dank11
- - By Allen Moss (*) Date 06-27-2008 01:32 Edited 06-27-2008 01:34
Hey guys,
   Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for your helping me find a Spoolmatic 1 that should hook up to my old Miller Matic 200. You both get a pat on the back for going out of your way. You guys directed me to E Bay where I was able to bid on and obtain the Spoolmatic 1 ( JK550025 ).  It was advertised as a "new in the box" old gun. I was able to get it for $336.00, which seems fair. Now all I have to do is learn how to use it ! ! ! I'm going to check the site for some training info to read or look at. Tips or training info that any of you might have or know about would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Have Fun,
buckshot
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 06-27-2008 02:54
Good luck with it. That sounds like a good price for an unused gun. I think it is easiest to use .035 4043 [on the appropriate base alloys] wire and straight Argon. All the experts here say to use spray transfer, but on non critical welds You might want to back off on the wire speed & voltage slightly to gain more control. I am not a real big fan of 5356 wire, but I have used it.
Parent - By sbcmweb (****) Date 06-28-2008 17:36
Hi Allen! Glad to hear you got it. I did see you won. That's a fair price for that gun. Great condition too. If you are in need of technical info, just give me a shout. I can get you whatever you need. Give me a call, or mail if you need any help hooking it up or using it for the first time. glad I could help. :-) S.W.

"Won't you please, please help me?" (Help, The Beatles, Help LP)
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / Thanks to sbcmweb and dank11