Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI, Hobart
- - By 5S Date 07-02-2008 14:23
Greetings,
I am looking for the fasted path to receive an AWS CWI.  The Boston AWS is not having a seminar or exam this year.  Is the Hobart School worth the money?  Apparently, they state after a two-week course you take the exam at their facility.  My company will be paying all the bills.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  What is the best hotel to stay at ?  I am an older engineer and do not want to be surrounded by young bucks boozing it up all hours of the night.  In addition, I have been welding for 26 years and hold 22 certifications.

Thanks,
Dave
Parent - By Kix (****) Date 07-02-2008 14:45
I'd say that Hobart is deffinetly a good place to take the test.  Two weeks of prep before the test is a really good thing and will help out tremendously.  From what I hear it's well worth the money!  There is a hotel right down the street that will give you weekly rates and it has kitchen setups in the rooms.  I don't remember the name of it, but it is right off of the interstate.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 07-02-2008 15:18
5S,
  Hobart is well worth the money, they run a really good training course for CWI preparation. As Kix mentoned there are good rooms to be had. Most have a special rate for Hobart students so call in advance to inquire about this. I do not recall now which one I stayed in but it was in the same area as described by Kix. Quiet and comfortable. If you go, when you get there tell, Nelson, Chuck and Elmer hello, they are great people!

jrw159
Parent - By 5S Date 07-08-2008 15:36
Thanks for all the replys.

Best Regards,
Dave
Parent - By KLipphardt Date 07-13-2008 23:48
Dave,
Hobart is a great place for the seminar and the exam. Elmer, Chuck and Nelson are three great guys and will really help you alot. There are plenty of hotels in the area and there are some that even provide transportation to and from the school. They run the class for 9 days and you take the exam at the end. Here is a link to the schools website.
http://www.welding.org/
Good luck.
Parent - - By BryonLewis (****) Date 07-19-2008 17:18
Does Hobart give out the same study guides etc. that the AWS seminars give out before the tests?  I am trying to get material to study but I'm broke.  I wish AWS would send you the study guides when you register for the testing.  One would almost have to buy them before hand.
Parent - By arrowside (**) Date 07-20-2008 14:41
Bryon, many people have the same complaint.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI, Hobart